Author Topic: Shipley Potato Day  (Read 1693 times)

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
Shipley Potato Day
« on: February 25, 2006, 07:03:28 »
Just about to pack my van and set off for West Yorkshire Organic Groups Potato Day at Shipley near Bradfofd. May see A4A members there? I'll let you know what happens.

Brian

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Shipley Potato Day
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 10:14:14 »
I'd be there if I was in UK, Brian. Used to live just 10 miles away.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 11:05:30 »
very envious gardenantics, I used to live in Saltaire and very lovely it was  :'(  ::) have fun on behalf of the expats  ;D

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 18:28:47 »
Well I just got back, had a coffee, and thought I'd let you know how it went. People queuing from about 10am. for the 11 O'clock opening, so there was a big rush into the room, and the spuds were going fast. This year the organisers got in more stock, so even after an hour of frenzied buying, they still had some for the late arrivals, it was advertized to open from 11am. to 3pm. so the stocks held out, and very few people missed out, although one or two varieties did sell out, Red Duke of York was one. I got some nice Royal Kidney, which are better than Jersey Royal according to Alan Romans who was there with his seeds, and free advice. I got a copy of his book for our garden club library, It gives you a run down on each variety of pototo, from a man who knows his stuff. Met some old customers, and made some new ones, and also had a word with Gavin, he is sorry not to have been more active on A4A, but he is very busy, and will be back online in the future. I also spread the word a bit more for A4A so may get some new posts.

Brian

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal