Author Topic: Robins  (Read 3364 times)

Sara

• Not So New ...
Re: Robins
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 08:03:06 »
Hi GW,

What a beautiful photograph, we get the odd one around but have not seen him/her since christmas.

Sara :)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 19:25:55 »
I have  a little feed box stuck to my kitchen window - into it I have put 'Robin Treats' food  ;D  and sure enough we have a pair ( with red breasts) who feed in it regularly.

Problem is the blackbird has rumbled it too  :o!!
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 19:30:50 »
I think having the blackbirds use your feeder is a bonus, love mine as much as my one lone robin. :)

MM

Common_Clay

• Acre
  • Loved
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 19:51:33 »
I feel very lucky and didn't realise that they weren't quite so common. We have a resident robin, I only have to be outside digging or weeding for ten minutes before he/she comes to sit near me and watch for an opportunity. Last year I sat on the lawn feeding it one foot away, very patiently, must have sat there for ages. A couple of years ago it (or another that looks just like it  ;)) flew off with my corn tortilla in its mouth from my plate as I'd gone in to get a drink, it left my family still sitting at the table stunned!
  Then the other day I saw two together, happily taking it in turns to fly up to the window, only to fly off with nest building bits, so must be mates.

We have mostly wood pigeons, blackbirds, robins, blue tits, magpies and crows. Sometimes we see starlings, but not so common anymore (used to have loads) and where are all the sparrows? It's so rare to ever see one now, but growing up it was the most typical sight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal