Author Topic: 5 King Edward & 5 Pink Fir Apple main crop potatoes to swop  (Read 1656 times)

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
5 King Edward & 5 Pink Fir Apple main crop potatoes to swop
« on: February 12, 2006, 18:08:44 »
Hi there

I have 5 each of the King Edward and Pink Fir Apple main crop potatoes which I would like to swop for a first early and second early.  I see that the King Edward's have already started chitting better than the ones I have in the egg cartons!

I will swop for singles or the whole lot.  First come, first serve I'm afraid.  I remember I bought some lovely nutty early potatoes from the shops - I think they were called Aztec or Inca?  Or else my trade list is posted lower down this swop list.
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Larkspur

• Acre
Re: 5 King Edward & 5 Pink Fir Apple main crop potatoes to swop
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 20:03:52 »
Since we are swopping the other things I will swop you five Belle de Fontenay and five Foremost for the potatoes, so long as you don't eat the Arums and flower the potatoes ;D OK?

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 09:35:45 »
Hi there Larkspur

Okay - you've got yourself a swop - pleasure doing business with you!   ;D

One question about the Belle de Fontenay - I read that they are an early main crop (old French variety), and is an autumn growing crop - does that mean I will have to wait until Autumn to plant them?  They claim the Foremost are first early's - am I correct?  I want these early spuds into 30cm pots and the Belle's into old compsot bags.

Please PM me your address details and I will pack up a little box for you tonight. 

PS : I'll try and resist the urge to take a nibble at the Arums ::)
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:30:04 »
Foremost are a first early,Belle are described as either a second early or early maincrop depending on who supplies them. I shall be growing them early. It will be a couple of days till I post yours as I shan't take up the arums till Wednesday.
Cheers Mick.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal