Author Topic: Question for Dan(Administrator)  (Read 2888 times)

scotch-mist

• Acre
Question for Dan(Administrator)
« on: February 10, 2006, 00:01:59 »
If I wanted to buy or post something how would I know where to send my donation or where to send goods or money, as everyone is annonimus on this site, including me, without telling the world my name and address. (you never know if weirdos read these messages). PS what's a PM?
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
Re: Question for Dan(Administrator)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 01:34:32 »
Hi Scotch Mist,

I just bought a book on E-Buygumbay, and the deal was done via PM ie. personal message. Click on the sellers profile, and you will see "Send this person a personal message. They then get an email alert, and look at your message,none of this is in the public forum, so details can be exchanged. I had the book posted to me from Belgium, and sent a cheque off today, So some trust is involved. I hope It works as well for everybody, as it did for me. I am going to put my electric lawn mower on next, as I have a petrol one now. Try it and see what happens.

Brian

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 00:06:23 »
Thanks Gardenantics, this makes everything clearer as to how it works, but I am a suspicious bugger by nature, I got my fingers burn't throught trusting people before and although I was brought up to believe that my word was my bond, unfortunatly there are a lot of shysters out there that will exploite this, what's to stop them logging on to this website and posing as real gardeners and doing this?  I have a friend that uses Ebay and even he got caught out, fortunatly paypal refunded his money.
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 09:19:15 »
I give master classes in being a suspicious bugger! so I am with you all the way there. But you can make a judgement based on seeing the profile of the posting, and get an idea about that person. If they only posted to sell, then be careful. You will soon be alerted to any fraud on the board by the old Yabb Gods!

Brian

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal