Author Topic: 2006 Flower Shows!  (Read 1016 times)

Dan 2

• Acre
2006 Flower Shows!
« on: February 07, 2006, 16:31:53 »
Anyone going to any of the big'uns like Chelsea, Gardeners World Live, Hapton Court, Tatton Park e.t.c I have now booked my Chelsea tickets! Ye! I just can't wait. I went on the Friday last year and had the hottest day in May for 50 years! It was my first time last year and had one of the best days in the year- well worth the expensive ticket price. They've put it up another £8 this year! I think its because they've changed sponsors form Meryl Lynch to Saga. Dan

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: 2006 Flower Shows!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 18:45:05 »
oooo, that reminds me.....Deeds....DEEDS....am I still on for a days work with you and the boys at Chelsea this year??  (she says worrying that it clashes with her motorbike weekend in Wales.......)

No, (unless Chelsea comes off), I don't manage the shows because of finances and kids!  Just isn't really practical at the moment, altho I would love to go to the Malvern Show.

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 07:41:57 »
Malvern is meant to be really good, Monty says the indie marquee is better than Chelsea!  :o

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 08:52:15 »
HI Dan2.  After last year's abysmal Chelsea coverage on the Beeb I've booked to go on the Tuesday.   I have an all day ticket so should have plenty of time to see it all and chat with some virtual pals who are meeting me there.

I haven't been since 1991 when I lived in Harrow and was childless so it will be interesting to see the changes - new pavillion, small and courtyard gardens etc.......
Obxx - Vendée France

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 13:14:14 »
Harrogate Spring Flower Show, April 27th. to 30th. At the Great Yorkshire Showground just outside Harrogate.
The best Big Garden Show the RHS don't organise!
That's why it's not too expensive. Not the show to visit if you like display gardens, as they do very few. But they have nurseries from all over the UK selling every plant you can think of, plus all sorts of garden goodies too.

Brian

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 17:35:13 »
Sounds like the kind of thing I enjoy here every spring and autumn.  Lots of lovely plant people selling goodies and some tools and ornamental stuff too and, being Belgium, some food stalls and all at a very reasonable entrance price of between 5 and 8 euros with free parking more often than not.  Brilliant.

However, I go to Chelsea to see what's new in plants and planting trends and to see what the designers have come up with this year - and I take my own picnic and a bottle of water.  Otherwise it's too easy to waste good plant money on outrageously priced food and drinks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 08:20:29 by Obbelix »
Obxx - Vendée France

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 17:46:09 »
I got through goodness knows how many bottles of water. Took about four of my own and had to buy another four or so! It was BAKING! I also took some food with me as the food is nice but expensive!  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal