Author Topic: Cornwall advice  (Read 4101 times)

ellkebe

• Hectare
Re: Cornwall advice
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006, 20:02:20 »
I know - why can't he love growing food instead of just eating it?! ;D ;D  (Of course, he says the same about me, but in reverse!!  ;D)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 21:07:40 »
No point growing it unless it's going to be eaten.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 12:16:39 »
To me Padstow is the best resort in Cornwall.  There is plenty to see and do around the area and in the town itself.  The picturesque and quaint town has a passenger ferry that goes across the estuary to Rock.  There are boats coming and going into the small, pretty harbour so there is always something interesting going on.   ;D

In the large car park to the south of the town there is a building where they land  fresh fish.  You can go inside and see lobsters and crabs swimming around.  They sell the fresh fish there too.  Rick Stein's was too expensive for us too but with such lovely pasties in the shops, we were always happy to have those and sit by the harbour to eat them.    :D

Not far from Padstow is the lovely sandy beach at Treyarnon Bay.  There are pleasant walks around the cliff paths.  Beware when the tide comes in though because there is a ridge.  Lifeguards warn people over the loud speaker but many people ignore the warnings and remain seated in their deckchairs.  When the sea breaches the ridge these people although not in any danger, are ankle deep in water and all their belongings are soaked.  It has happened everytime we have visited, but not to us I may add.  ;D ;D

Enjoy your holiday Ellkebe.

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 19:01:21 »
Hi Ellkebe, a few more to see:
Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station- Helston, is great
Monkey Sanctuary in Looe
Hidden Valley Discovery Park in Launceston

I went to the Rick Stein fish restaurant, it is worth to save up for that, but is no good for small  children. It is not cheap , it has 1 star?, about 50 pounds a person, but the desserts.........oh   heaven......... Iwant to go again...... :P :P

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 20:58:23 »
I'm beginning to think a week isn't going to be long enough!

sueparkin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 16:11:12 »
Elkebe,

just picked up this thread again and realised I misled you in my previous poat - the Italian overlooking the harbour is in Padstow not Tintagel - would hate to have you wandering hungrily around Tintagel.

Sue

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 17:25:46 »
Sue - that's even better as we're staying just outside Padstow!! Will def. look it out as it sounds divine - and much cheaper than the med.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal