Author Topic: survey- my councils got a hidden agenda  (Read 2359 times)

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
survey- my councils got a hidden agenda
« on: February 13, 2006, 22:24:55 »
Im going to try and find out what my councils up to. They sent me a survey, the final section is asking me about relocating, and how i would rate a "peripheral site". In other words they want to sell central land for megabucks. I think ive found the site theyre redeveloping for allotment use, i actually wouldnt mind going to one but im sure others would. Has anyone else had surveys from their council before?
I LOVE OP AMPS!

woppa30

• Half Acre
Re: survey- my councils got a hidden agenda
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 13:43:43 »
No I haven't but be wary. There are lots of laws regarding land that is currently used for allotments. The national association can give you lots of advice. Basically if the land has been designated for allotments and is currently well occupied and looked after the council will find it hard to move you. There was a bit of a scare in Royston & our allotments were being peddled as the next way for the council to raise money for, get this, a new council building. We soon put a stop to that  >:(
Hope this helps,
Woppa

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 20:49:29 »
Well theyll be dissappionted- no sites that dont have lists, and most are well kept no thanks to them.
I LOVE OP AMPS!

Alan_Y

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 14:10:21 »
Try and find out the status of your site. Is it statutory or Temporary. If it is temporary which means it has been allocated as an allotment site for an indefinite length of time but is or could be earmarked for another purpose some time in the future. If this is the case they would only need to give you 12 months notice before any relocation .

Hope this helps

Regards

Alan
As One Door Closes, Anther One Slams In Your Face.

amphibian

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 08:11:38 »
Our council wanted to sell of our site, fortunately the recent increase in interest put a stop to that.

Councils are embezzling our money, the law states that any money made from allotment sales has to be reinvested in allotments, if this had happened down the years, then we should have a 20' solid gold fence around our site, as it is we can't even get the council to put up a deer fence.

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 08:34:40 »
We are lucky, there is a site down the road that was only 1/4 occupied and the council took half the plot for building BUT the local allotments have a feradration and ALL the profits they got are going back into the other allotments in the area and the plans have been done and agreed so that we get all now road ways and a new enterance ect the guys on the comitttee have fought hard and the council had to back down !! Work starts in September and we also get the interest from the money ploughed back in to so they didnt even get away with that !
We are soooo lucky the guys have put so much into it to make sure the council didnt get away with anything, they tried to block it saying we had to include some eco friendly improvements so there they came up with diverting all rain water off the shop and toilets into barrels and having a solar pannel on the shop  ;D  ;D
They gave in gracefully  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal