Author Topic: For Dirkdigger  (Read 1701 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
For Dirkdigger
« on: February 04, 2006, 12:17:30 »
I loved your photo of Montacute House gardens in particular, so I've had a go myself. I hope you don't mind. (I'm not that impressed with the way some of the colours have scanned, or my clouds - but you get the idea!)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 12:22:19 by Plocket »
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: For Dirkdigger
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 12:35:19 »
That's really good Plocket.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 19:04:01 »
I'm honoured Plocket. Seems a role reversal, your paintings inspired me. Now your painting my photo and may I say very well indeed. Wish I could paint.
DD :)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 19:35:35 »
Well give it a go then!!! I always tell the story of a girl I was at school with. She couldn't paint for tuppence but was determined to try. She practiced and practiced, and ended up doing an Art Degree. Why not get yourself a set of paints, a couple of brushes, and trying. Even if you don't create masterpieces you might have fun!!!

I'm glad you like the painting. It's the last in my first ever complete sketchbook of paintings. Thank you again!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 20:20:04 »
I did just as you said Plocket, even tried painting the same photo. When a family member asked if one of the children in the family painted it I thought do I admit to it or pass it on ?

Admitted to it of course, a match then later sent it to its final resting place, gave the paints and rest of the paper to the children.
DD ;D

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 21:12:56 »
Can't help giggling Dirk! From one who can wield a paint brush! Hey at least you tried! And you've more than made up since with your amazing photograph paintings. Keep them coming - I really enjoy seeing them.

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 21:40:10 »
On that note, one I painted for you earlier, got loads and loads of images could be painting longer than it took that man to paint the ceiling of that famous chapel.
Hope you like.
DD

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 09:47:17 »
Oooooh that is beautiful! Love your work Michaelangelo!!!

Sara

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 18:25:56 »
Hi,

your pictures are so cool! What software are you using?

Sara :)

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 09:51:58 »
Hi Sara, more info on software can be found on my other thread at
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,57/topic,15966.0

DD

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal