Author Topic: MP3 Player loading probs  (Read 2852 times)

joji

• Hectare
MP3 Player loading probs
« on: January 18, 2006, 20:39:32 »
Hi I got an MP3 player. It has a small disc to use with it. Is there anything you can buy to stop losing this small disk inside the modem or any way of using it without losing it that way?

Thanks for any advice. :)

Diesel

• Half Acre
Re: MP3 Player loading probs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 22:28:27 »
not sure i understand what you mean.what are you using the modem for in regards to the mp3 player?

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 22:54:07 »
A small cd type disc came with the MP3 player. I think it is used to down load music onto and then can be used to load that music onto the MP3 player. Don't know it that is correct or not. But the small disc won't fit into the modem and keeps falling through so I just wondred if there was anything that you could get to hold the small disk in the modem to use it.

The disc is about 1/2 the size of a standard  CD disc.

Conzla

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 07:49:25 »
sounds like a driver disk to me for windows 98, most mp3 players are now usb, if you plug this into your computer it will show an extra hard drive just drop and drag the mp3s onto there. As for the modem?????? You lost me on that one.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:08:05 »
If you look at your CD/DVD drives on the puter, you will see that within the standard size CD ring is a smaller CD ring.  Discs come in more than one size.  It sounds to me like you have an installation disc you need to shove in there to loap up the necessaries (software) before using your new gadget.  Once all software is loaded, MP3 player will be ready to rock n roll and as Conzla says, it's a simple case of drag and drop.  Forget about the modem and forget about having to stick music onto a disc before transferring it to your MP3 player.

Stick the disc in the drive and watch what happens?

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 16:35:41 »
Thankyou guys. Will have to put my modem on it's side to make the disk stay on the tray. That was my problem. Thanks any way guys :)

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 16:39:01 »
Thankyou guys. Will have to put my modem on it's side to make the disk stay on the tray. That was my problem. Thanks any way guys :)
What are you calling a modem ??? A modem is a piece of hardware for connecting to a telephone line ??
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 20:33:38 by Travman »

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 17:22:28 »
The BIG box thing that you put your games in, discs etc.

This is what I have been told is a modem.

Conzla

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 18:00:50 »
that explains it..... what thats called is a tower it holds your motherboard, cd drive, ram... etc, if you need any help with the mp3 player give me the model number and ill have alook :)

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 18:58:47 »
Thanks Conzla
Number of the tower or number of the mp3 player ?

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 20:01:20 »
Just sticking in my two penneth worth - your base unit (tower) looks pretty new, the cd you have will have drivers on it for older operating systems eg windows 98 & NT. If your computer has windows XP or windows millennium as the operating system it won't need drivers.

plug the mp3 player into the base unit while it is switched on and windows (XP) will load its default drivers.

As mentioned earlier it is then a case of just viewing the drive in my computer and dragging wma (if supported)  or mp3 files onto the disk

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 00:32:09 »
Half the time with MP3 players all you need to do is connect the MP3 player via the cable and it shows in my computer as an extra disc. Just drag and drop music files into it without using any software.

Conzla

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 07:52:21 »
Thanks Conzla
Number of the tower or number of the mp3 player ?

Model of the mp3 player, but the guys above have got it in a nutshell. The front of the tower by the looks has usb connections you should be able to plug it directly into there. Then goto My Computer and an extra drive should appear ie 'G' Drive. Just drag and drop files onto there.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 11:17:12 »
Thankyou everyone. I have got it sorted. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal