Author Topic: PLO Annie  (Read 4635 times)

Colin_Bellamy-Wood

• Hectare
PLO Annie
« on: March 02, 2004, 21:08:04 »

At long last, I am up and running - I switched off a program I had called AdSubstract, and that solved my problems.

Not only that, but I've mastered the art of posting photos, and here's my little girl - Poor Little Orphan Annie.   On 1st October, she developed a limp in her rear left leg at 10.30 pm at the end of her walk.   She was at the Vet's the very next day, and he diagnosed a ruptured cruciate ligament.   Fortunately we are insured.   He could operate, but at 9 yrs old, 10yrs on 15th March, not happy about that.   The alternative was hydrotherapy.

Last Sept a wonderful new place opened 10 mins walk away called MyPetStop, and if you want to know about them go to www.mypetstopdenton.com.uk.   Annie was the first to be registered with the Vet, and aren't we glad.   The complex includes a hydrotherapy pool, run by a trained Veterinary Nurse who took these photos.   She's had 10 sessions and has one more to go.   Her limp is so much better, it will always be there, but I had no plans to take her over Kinder anyway.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 21:12:32 by Colin_Bellamy-Wood »
Every best wish, Colin.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:PLO Annie
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 22:33:17 »
Altogether.........

'AAAAAWWWWWWWW'

How cute, and what a wonderful way to treat a slightly mature lady.  Wouldn't mind a bit of that myself!  ::)

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 22:37:24 »
Lovely pics Colin, she is so cute!  :)
Sue

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 23:17:54 »
Colin, so pleased to hear that she is making a good recovery. What a wonderful place to live near.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 21:52:46 »
At last I get to see a photo of dear little Annie.  What a sweetie :-*

I'm so pleased the hydrotherapy pool is helping her Colin.  We live near the Brookmans Park Royal Vet College and they are raising funds for a pool there which will be great as the dogs get older and subject to arthritis.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Colin_Bellamy-Wood

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 19:08:41 »
Hi Patricia, yes it has taken a long time for me to work out how to "do" 'photos.   The Hydrotherapy pool is a God-send, and is quite well booked, especially referrals from Vets not assocated with Mypetstop.   Incidentally there is going to be a Mypetstop opening in Leeds in the near future - my Vet is transferring to there.   He is very good and I would recommend him - his name is Christoff.

I read of a Sheltie that had become so fat it couldn't go for walkies, and therefore the owners were at their wit's end as to how to get the weight off.   They found a hydrotherapy pool, and a few sessions there did the trick.   Apparently, 5 mins in the pool is equivalent to 45 mins strenuous walkies.
Every best wish, Colin.

adam

• I love Allotments4All
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 15:17:23 »
Ive been lucky enough to meet annie in the flesh and she is looking much better through the hydrotherapy.
I have a plot on the same allotment as Colin (and Annie) and he is the one that pointed me in the direction of allotments4all.
Life in the old dog yet eh, and Im sure Annie will do fine too ;D ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal