Author Topic: Allotment Association Shops....  (Read 2593 times)

Daisy_Jane

• Quarter Acre
Allotment Association Shops....
« on: January 27, 2006, 13:13:17 »
I wasn't sure which bit of the board to post this ..

Thought it might be worth mentioning the benefits of belonging to an allotment association. My lottie is one of about 20 with minimal facilities. Talking to people at work last year they told me that I could join (for a whole £2) an Allotment Association at the other side of the town. They have FANTASTIC facilities including a huge shop run by volunteers at the weekend and it offers brilliant choice and value for moeny.

For example, they have 33 varieties of seed potatoes sold in 3kg bags for £1.90 a bag, and priceless free advice from the lottie shop volunteers  ;D Well worth the queue on a Sunday morning!

I get quite excited every time I visit the shop  ;D Just thought this might be of use to those who are new to allotments - allotment association shops can seriously cut down the cost of your first year!

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
Re: Allotment Association Shops....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 16:00:51 »
thanks ill enquire if sunday morning ever comes (i get my keys for the plot ) if thay have an association

Daisy_Jane

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 16:21:25 »
only 2 more sleeps to go  ;)

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 04:46:42 »
its 430 in the morning i cant sleep we get our plot in about 5 hours little loulou has found her toy wheelbarrow with all its bits ready and says she has been sowing flowers( i think she has dug up my Flowers again) my husband got my a  spade for our wedding anniversary on the 5th Feb ( ill get him one in return he wont be happy) and iv been drawing plans of what veg goes where and what we have and need seed wise ( long list hubby wont like going to shops for this little lot ) camera ready for picks  so hubby will like  putting them on here for me i feel like all my Xmases have come at once so ill be asking all sorts of questions in the next week as iv got time off work (how lucky was that i booked them back in November )all the best with your plot  ;D

monkey puzzle

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 07:46:41 »
Enjoy your lottie loulou.  Can't wait to see the piccies.

:)

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 07:50:52 »
thanks we will  ;D

cheddarpaul

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 13:19:18 »
There are 3 different allotments in our area and not 1 association - how could I go about setting one up?

Cheddar, Somerset

Zippy Seale

• Half Acre
  • Laughing all the way to the plot
    • The Cherry Tree Plot
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 22:11:16 »
have a walk around the sites and chat to plot owners.  if the landlord is a local authority, you may get a grant towards setting it up.
there may set-aside a plot for a permant building.
my annual fee is £3.00 olus 10p for a share
the price of items are so much cheaper as they buy bulk and pass that on to members.
they say it wouldn't grow.....ha

The Cherry Tree Plot

Art of Sowing

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal