Author Topic: Walking companions  (Read 12522 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Walking companions
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2006, 21:02:03 »
Tell you what, Ellkebe, I look at each one for ages before I start, and even then each one changes as I work......interesting but hellish time consuming.

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 09:28:01 »
Worth the wait and the work though  :)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 15:04:59 »
These are beautiful ken, love the way they all have names too, just discovered your photos and they are a joy  ::) ;D

KevB

• Hectare
  • Now where did I Plant those Seeds
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2006, 17:13:09 »
Truly Amazing, art is in the eye of the beholder, and so it seems to be the case here! it's not how it looks, its how it ends!! I would love a very Sturdy one!! No rush whatsoever!! Bad left knee, but still mobile!!
Cheers KevB
If I wasn't Gardening I'd be shopping!! thank God for Gardening!!

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2006, 19:55:48 »
Horsehead shape will do me,  or anything you want to design..... just to suprise me even better!!!

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 08:58:49 »
Hope you Hoovered up afterwards!!

Brian

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 10:49:50 »
You are very tallented Ken making all these beautiful sticks.  It looks like you will be kept very busy for the next few weeks.   ;D

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 11:10:39 »
Years ago there was an old Yorkshire Dales character at the Yorkshire Show demonstrating stick carving. Someone watching asked "How do you see the duck in the handle you're carving now. The old chap says with a twinkle in his eye "Well ah just look at twood, and owt that dunt look leek a duck ah cuts off"
They don't get people like that anywear else!

Brian

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 19:53:21 »
Been getting quite a few PM's but not been able to reply to many of them 'cos yer bin's are full.
Use the E-mail on here if you want an answer about sticks. (This E-mail address is, unfortunately, fairly public!)
Ken.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2006, 16:05:49 »
Seems I do have an E-mail problem. I have quite a few requests for sticks and the PM's will only hold so many messages, but I need some info from you people, like; Right or left handed, size and weight required, plain or 'fancy' top, length...and more!
Contact me via; kenkew@hotmail.com and please put in the subject line 'E-buygumbuy so I don't wipe your E off the planet as like what I do with tons of rubbish daily. Ta!
( ...although I'm selling to A4A people via direct contact, I'm hoping that when you get the goodies you remember a donation to A4A...thanks.)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2006, 23:28:38 »
iiimmm free mr lucas!!! joke yes mine is free at the moment, just incase you have done my one!!!!!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 20:25:02 »
I have quite a few companions underway and I'm sure some would suit some people. Check out the 'Finished sticks' thread but a little detail of what you prefer would help me pick from the stock I have like left or right handed, slim lightweight, gripping problem, plain top or 'something different', length or hip height or chest height. Would you like a wrist cord attaching?...Anything else that comes to mind. I'm working from 'raw' wood, so I'll do my best to come-up with something YOU want.
K.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 20:54:27 by kenkew »

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2006, 11:13:57 »
cool !
I made one from apple wood last year, it looks like bone. Really nice feel to it.

when i figure how to add pics il put one up
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

Likes Roses

• Not So New ...
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2006, 20:26:09 »
Just found this site today ! really like your walking sticks! would  like one sometime and think anything  personally hand made is a wonderful thing and will by one for my hubby!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 10:47:44 »
Check out 'finished Sticks' to see if any that are available will suit you. It changes every time I add one, like today.
More should be on site in a couple of days. Ordering info is in this section. Just read through the posts.

terces

• Not So New ...
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 15:10:16 »
Hi Ken,

I would love one of your sticks for my father.  He has just been diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms and is a little wonky on his feet.  I have one like the ones you make from about 1820 but a bit short as people were a wee bit smaller then.  It's a dying art and great if you can do it.  Please let me know the postage and if this is okay.

Many thanks,

Rob

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2006, 18:12:55 »
I take it your father is looking for a strong stick? Or will a lighter stick just for balance be OK? Is he a big man? Is he left or right handed? Can he grip alright? How tall is he? Do any already on this site look anything like what you think will do?

terces

• Not So New ...
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006, 20:16:45 »
Hi Ken,

My father is really looking for a sturdy stick as he is 15 stone.  He is left handed and is about 5' 9".  Unfortunately I can't view the pictures on this site.  He can grip okay.

Thanks,

Rob

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 17:44:17 »
Hi Terces,
I have a stick within 3 days of being ready that I reckon would suit. Failing that, I have a second one but it's a couple of weeks away. Want to take a chance on the first one? It's quite stout, not too heavy and has a bees-wax finish rather than a varnish one. I can fit a rubber ferrul but not a metal one (which can be a bit slippy anyway.) I can also put a 'turks-head' lashing on to spruce it up a bit. It's a stick a bit like Sid James' face....looks as though it's lived a bit!
You're choice.
Contact me with your address at my hotmail below if you want 'Sid'.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2006, 12:27:43 »
Thanks for your Email. Terces. 'Sid' will be finished tomorrow and on the way with details ASAP.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal