Author Topic: 4 generations  (Read 967 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
4 generations
« on: January 24, 2006, 21:43:57 »
Today was my elder son's 28th birthday so we celebrated at our local Italian restaurant. Pete and I, my son James (birthday boy), his daughter Lucy (aged 4), James's brother Max and Pete's Dad who is 94. Lucy really tucked in to the pasta and gelato alla fragola. All very yummy with great wine and sambucca nera and grappa to follow. The restaurant is 5 minutes' walk from our house so no cars involved. Wonderful evening had by all.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: 4 generations
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 21:49:00 »
Aw sounds like a really special night.  ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 21:58:43 »
yes it was great Heldi. Hugs to you. You are really going through the mill just now.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 22:13:10 »
Well do I remember being able to walk to an Italian restaurant just 2 Min's away from our front door.  ;D

Going out with the children, and the grandparents, for a family dinner was always made to be such fun.  Small son at 2 1/2 yrs got into the habit of 'serving' the whole place with grissini!! :D

How welcome we were made to feel.  Agree .. wonderful times were had.
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 22:20:08 »
A real family night grawrc! And don't Italian restaurant's always seem to really welcome children - your son must have been very happy.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 22:49:22 »
I am glad you had a lovely family gathering Grawrc.  I love Italian Restaurants too, and like you that is where we usually spend family occasions.  We have our favourite one in Whitley Bay called Sorrento's.  We were only there last week as we had three birthday's to celebrate.  Italians are very warm and I totally agree about their love of children; when ours were little and we were banned from pubs, that was one of the  few places we could go and be welcomed.  I even breastfed  :o my daughter in an Italian Restaurant when she was a baby, and was really fussed over and made to feel special.  :)
live your days not count your years

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 06:36:36 »
Last time we had four generations of my family together was when I was two and a bit, and went to my Great-Grandfather's 90th birthday party. I vaguely remember it, and the gooseberry bushes in his garden, which seemed huge. Many years later, I saw a photo of him, and recognised him at once.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal