Allotment Stuff > E-Buygumbay

Greenhouse 11' * 17' ideal for lottie - now SOLD

(1/4) > >>

Melbourne12:
I bought this greenhouse a few months ago for our allotment.  Alas, I should have checked first.  We're not allowed to have greenhouses on the site.  :(

The picture shows it in its original location.  We've dismantled it, so it comes as a kit of parts.  It's made by Guernsey Greeenhouses, and is a very professional structure.  Everything is there except the door (which was missing when we bought it), and I'm afraid we broke some panes when we dismantled it.  I'll do an exact count of the glass and post it up.  All of the triangular panes are present, though, so it's only some standard glass panes that will be needed.

The stove and chimney shown in the picture were very old and rusty, so those have been discarded.

As we took it down, I took plenty of pictures of how the frame fits together, so it won't be an impossible jigsaw to re-assemble.

It comes with plenty of nuts and bolts - I bought some new ones as spares.

We're in Harrow, Middlesex, and I'd be happy to deliver it locally, or further afield if you cover my fuel costs.

We gave £100 for it, but I'd be happy to accept £80, of which I'd give £10 as a donation to Allotments4All.

Drop me a PM or email if you're interested.

John

ipt8:
Hi Melbourne 12
I am tempted but not sure I have the space. Is the staging with it?
Did you keep anything of the stove and the flue pipe as I guess it may work even if rusty?
Ivor
ipt8

Melbourne12:

--- Quote from: ipt8 on January 24, 2006, 19:09:33 ---Hi Melbourne 12
I am tempted but not sure I have the space. Is the staging with it?
Did you keep anything of the stove and the flue pipe as I guess it may work even if rusty?
Ivor
ipt8

--- End quote ---

I have only a little bit of the staging.  Most of it was rotten.  The stove was undoubtedly beyond repair, and although the flue was probably reusable, I didn't keep it.  We envisaged using more modern (and efficient) paraffin heaters.

If you're tempted, I could add that the glass is kept in place not by W clips, but by rubber-lined strips that screw onto the frame.  This is a most secure and leakproof system.

It also has rubber guttering, so rainwater from the roof can be collected in a water butt.

It has 4 double glazed venting windows in the roof.  They are manually operated, but could of course be connected to an automatic window opener for temperature control.

Travman:
Wish you were closer :'( ,I would have bitten your hand off !!  :D

Sounds a bargain for some lucky so and so  ;)

dandelion:
I'm very close, also in Harrow! But alas  :'( no greenhouses allowed on the allotment either and no space in the back garden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version