Author Topic: Scottish allotments  (Read 20064 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Scottish allotments
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 22:58:10 »
the patter  ;)

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 23:12:43 »
I forgot about that one, (been away too long, 24yrs) although the patter's nearly as good here (but just not quite) ;D ;D ;D
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 23:22:10 »
OH just remembered Big pickles out of the chippie in THORNWOOD DR, PARTICK, GLASGOW.  you lot must think I think of nothing but food. OK I'll admit it  I'm on a diet, thats why I'm hoping to grow fruit and veg this year.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 23:29:40 »
Wow! I used to go there too! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shirley

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006, 15:51:11 »
Hi Moudie

Born and brought up in London but  moved to West Lothian 37  years ago.  Don't  have an allotment, but love playing in the garden and come onto this site for a chat and meet super people.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 15:54:27 by Shirley »

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 18:35:43 »
aha!remember me?

i have always fancied a trip to glasgow-tell me three things to lure me there(and it cant be 3 chipshops!!!!)

kitty
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 18:39:09 »
Easy peasy: Art galleries, Citizen's Theatre, Provand's Lordship, GFT Rose Street, Gallowgate, Ubiquitous Chip, Burrell Collection... pfahh this is getiing boring.  8) 8)

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 23:39:16 »
Hi kitty ,sorry it took me so long to get back to you I kept getting kicked off line, but thats another thread! 1st Victoria Park, Whiteinch, the flowerbeds are to die for, the fossil grove (the trees are millions of years old) is facinating, and dont forget to take a picnic basket with you, and feed the ducks and swans your leftover crusts (still cant keep off the subject of food), 2nd the Glasgow arts festival, (beginning of May every year) theatres and a great night life, and 3rd the transport museum, takes you back in time . this is only the tip of the iceberg but I promise you you will be sorry to leave if you do decide to go as the people are the friendliest in the world(now I'm homesick, WHY did I leave again???). :-\ :-\ :-\

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 07:04:20 »
murder capital of europe ?  litter everywhere ?  gang culture ?  major drug problems ? god forsaken grey sky that never clears ? pot holes in the road that would swallow a transit and leave no trace ?

but i love it   :P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 09:54:49 »
Don't know where you've been Mrs KP but it bears no ressemblance to the Glasgow I know and love.

Scotch-Mist how could I have missed out Victoria Park ::) I grew up within a spit of it!

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 18:14:32 »
i think i must read too many newspapers  ::) .  But the potholes i can vouch for  :'(

Still love the place though, and I STILL feel i can walk the streets safely, which is one of the major reasons i moved up here (and will not move back south).

But if i could just ask for one thing, a very little thing .... can we have some sun please and can those westerlies drop just a tad.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 21:39:28 »
Grawrc, would you mind if I sent you a personal message I grew up within a spit of Victoria pk and would like to speak to an old neighbour (all this reminiscing has gotten me homesick)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 22:37:08 »
Go for it Scotch-Mist. I was VP gardens South (NE side of the park)

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 23:06:48 »
sent a Pm , did you get it (I got kicked off line again) dont know whats going on  ??? ??? ???

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2006, 23:25:15 »
Come to Aberdeen instead ;D . We have the Ashvale, scottish fish and chip shop of the year for umpteen years until they retired gracefully- we also have a beach and greeeat winter gardens (better than glasgows ;) ).
I LOVE OP AMPS!

return of the mac

• Acre
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 23:26:35 »
Hey wheres my avatar >:( that was my greatest picture ever.
I LOVE OP AMPS!

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2006, 23:48:51 »
naw you dont want to go there, the further north you go the more they squeek ;D ha ha ha , no offence meant mac , stick to Glasgow , patter's better too. ;)

return of the mac

• Acre
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2006, 19:40:48 »
None taken- if you ever see a guy with a helium cannister under his arm its me ;D
But go Aberdeen!!!!
I LOVE OP AMPS!

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2006, 21:58:35 »
;D ;D ;D That wasn't the end I meant squeaked, have you never heard the expression (the further north you go the tighter the Scots get ?) or (so tight they squeak when they walk), anyway my Granda was a Highlander and Iam immensely proud of him as appart from the fact he was the greatest he also fought in the 2 world wars .

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2006, 22:47:23 »
Scotch-mist I got your pm. Did you get mine. A bit p***sed late on last night so might not have sent it. :-[ :-[

Return Aberdeen's cool.  i've got great mates from round there and my nephew's at Uni there too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal