Author Topic: Wheres EJ  (Read 4022 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Wheres EJ
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:38:28 »
Hello all could someone please let me know if EJ-Emma Jane is ok, not seen her on the boards for a day or two.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Re: Wheres EJ
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 13:16:11 »
According to her profile she was active at 11.23 today.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 14:08:37 »
I am afraid she is another one of the casualties of the recent upsets ... She looks in occasionally, but has given up being involved on the forum ... sadly I believe there are many others who have left silently ...

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 14:13:25 »

And we all know who is responsible !!!!

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 15:02:40 »
This is madness!!

BOTH sides in this spat seem to have left A4A. One lot has been hounded from the boards by a witch hunt. The result is a loss of humour and a nice buzzy atmosphere from the chat areas (Shed and Watershed).

Now we hear that the 'keep-it-serious allotmenteers' have left too. The result is that the boards have lost gardening/allotment expertise.

The result for everyone else is a board where people are afraid to post anything in case it is felt to be too frivolous or god-forbid off topic AND the boards have ground to a halt.

All forums need new blood to keep going as members come and go (and as Eric showed with his statistics most members post less than 10 posts, so a lot of silent members enjoy reading the boards even if they don't actually post). They are not cliques and do not just belong to the original members.

This is/was a terrific site. The recent spat has affected everyone, not just the minority of members who have left. I hope it passes and people return.

Amnesty, anyone?

Peace and love to all apart from the PM abusers, happy gardening AND bring back the jokes and humour too!!

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 15:05:11 »
Hear Hear - Missing them all....  :'(
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 15:17:12 »
Still haven't a clue what's going on, missed all the high drama  ???
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

undercarriage plan

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 15:24:37 »
I'm sorry to butt in, Missing you all too, lots, I just wanted to ask if the person sending annonymous, abusive emails would at least have the guts to sign it, so we know who's butt to kick... thanks to the rest of you for all your lovely words of support.... :-*

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 16:20:02 »
I think it is sad that all these people are leaving/left. Lets NOT let the actions of a few spoil it for ourselves. I don't really know/understand what has happened but I get the general gist. If we leave becuse of the nasty, selfish, spiteful acts of few then we are just giving in to them. Lets satnd to gether fellow gardeners/allotmneteers and make this into the great site it was. All the very best, Dan :-)

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 16:32:11 »
Likewise, no idea what the fuss was and I dont want to know. I will carry on reading and posting as there is still much to learn here and I hope I have something to offer!

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 16:59:16 »
Someone was obviously stirring things up, but it pretty much passed me by. Let's put it behind us, hope people come back, and move on. If anyone starts stirring again, since it had evidently been going on for some time, with the PM's and everything, we need to work out a strategy with Dan for sorting things out.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 17:39:19 »
I am outraged to find that people are receiving abusive and anonymous mail,  - what a completely cowardly and abhorrent act.  I wonder if it is a troublemaker who is just trying to divide us and is not a bonafide member? It would shock me to think it could be a regular poster. Could Dan somehow be able to trace these people and wipe them out from appearing on the Board?

I would like us all to be a happy family again,  - families fall out occasionally but mend their differences and can even be stronger for it in the end.  Please come back everyone who has left.  Emma Jane and Tim were here when I joined almost three years ago and for them not to be sharing and inspiring us all in the coming season seems unthinkable.   :( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 17:42:39 »
It just seems so quiet on here at the moment.   :(

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 17:55:12 »
Won't the properties on an email tell you where it is from as in server etc...
Like higlight email right click button on it then properties...Also think you can choose to not accept them from them again ...Jim
Cheers .. Jim

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 19:27:22 »
EJ, is ok and i am sure she will be back when everything quietens down, i shall ask her and let you all know ok. ;D

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 19:27:57 »
Having been on the receiving end of an abusive PM, to wit that the person who sent me the PM doesn't think that "my sort" belong on the forums, I just ignored the sad individual, deleted the message and carried on posting.  It's a shame that others have chosen not to carry on but I can well understand their reasons for doing so. 

I loathe bullies in whatever shape orform they come in and refuse to give them the satisfaction...

Dave
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

Yellow Petals

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 19:31:08 »
Whoever said EJ has left is WRONG (rumour mongers .... sigh ...) she just isn't posting at the moment - ditto for a few others.  No need for the headless chicken routine! 

EJ, stick your head round the door will you luv', else I might have to start dishing out some valium at this rate  ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 19:39:32 by Yellow Petals »

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 19:37:12 »
Another who has no real idea what's going on, other than the fact that people keep vanishing. I have seen this anonymous email problem on other sites, though - the person eventually stopped as abruptly as they'd started, presumably because they'd moved to another site.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 19:53:17 »
YP is correct, EmmaEJ has not 'left', as I said, she is just not involving herself in the forum ... She will certainly read this thread, and I hope it persuades her to involve herself again, (and the others that have left too ...).

As to the events that led to this state of affairs, Jaggy infers that we all know who is responsible, well I certainly don't and certainly don't want to rake up any ashes again ...

If someone feels there is something that I should be aware of, then I would welcome that information privately ... assuming that it is not abusive !!!

Sorry to hear of your abusive pm Dave, perhaps you should have handed it over to Dan ...

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 21:00:14 »
Its a shame this sort of thing as to happen....it does thats a fact of life.....people come  people go...I agree with Busy-Lizzie......if you send sh.. Pm's a least have the courage of your convictions to put your name to it!!!

Robert said Earlier this will pass shortly....I think that we will get over this.....maybe all being a little stronger for this unsavoury experience.

I wonder if Dan can eradicate the Culprit/s...Im no puter expert....so dare  not to pass a comment...maybe someone
else.

Dave...sorry to hear that you were a Victim...but I think you know who your friends are here mate....to me everyone is Equal until proven GUILTY.

Im sure EJ will be back....she loves it here...as we all love having EJ with us.....those who have quietly departed Im sure given time will emerge again.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 21:02:59 by TULIP-23 »
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal