Author Topic: Allotment prices  (Read 6425 times)

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
Re: Allotment prices
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2006, 22:06:42 »
I don't even want to think about it.  :o
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2006, 14:35:30 »
I wonder if anyone has done the sums including all the costs? How much does all that lovely produce really cost?  :o :o
Mind you I for one wouldn't do it if I weren't getting so much fun out of it. Try comparing with gym membership or personal trainer etc.

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 18:55:37 »
My plot costs just over £8 a year, it has a water trough 10ft away, your allowed chickens and rabbits (though I haven't) the plot is 50 feet by 25 feet ish, not sure how that compare to others?

Although I only had my plot since May last year, I feel I'm in credit.  ;D

This year I'm actually going to try and weight my veg and compare it to supermarket prices, just to see how much can be saved. Although I'm not worried about the money, you really cant beat the fresh veg!

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2006, 16:39:08 »
iv just measured my plot to day and it is 26ft across and it is 61ft from flower bed to aplple tree iv paid 26 pound for the year and we are thinking of taking the back half when we have got everything sown in the first half  and from what people at my allotments says i should get the other half free because no one has touched it for about 4 years and thay are goinf to ask and let me know  so i might get it r ill pay im not botherd just want to grow veg for the kids

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2006, 16:58:15 »
Two plots, one chain each, side by side - £6 pound/year the two.
Cheap eh?
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

digswell

• Not So New ...
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2006, 01:22:39 »
Ours are £25 per 10 pole, not much security but not really needed. Mains fed (April - November) dip tanks, sheds allowed with permission, no livestock..... the site already has a good population of cats and wild rabbits! Dogs allowed under control of the owner.
Bonfires allowed when there is a Southerly or Westerly wind only, during Summertime wind conditions apply and must not be lit before dusk.

Gordon

• Quarter Acre
  • Crewe, Cheshire
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2006, 17:37:15 »
We in Crewe pay 17 quid a year.
Crewe, Cheshire

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2006, 20:15:40 »
:-[

OK..I win, most expensive plot!!! But still cheap IMHO at just over a squid a week per year!!

I have 362 Square metres

Rent at 14.66 per sq mtr           53.07
Water at 2.75 per sq mtr             9.96
National Society Membership        1.00
Annual Society membership          5.00
Federation Public Liability Ins          .50

Total                                           69.53

We have a shop, superb high fencing around the site, just had two skips to remove rubbish off my plot for free, all the water my plants can drink and free advice from all and sundry.

Result? BARGAIN!!!!!!

fozzylozzy

• Not So New ...
    • Live journal
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2006, 18:55:55 »
Mine is approx £20 a year. Water, security coded gate, easy car access to plots, sheds allowed...... and there's talk of toilets being installed ;D

Louisa x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal