Author Topic: Allotment prices  (Read 6467 times)

micsmum

• Half Acre
  • Gottie Lottie Now!
Re: Allotment prices
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 13:20:02 »
£36 /year including water rates from April - November. No toilets although plans for a Comfry WC. Sheds allowed but permission needed to plant new trees. No fires even for non compostibles although that has just changed. Need to get permission from council steward.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006, 14:45:02 »
£36 PA for 600 SQm's (less than 1p I day I used to tell people who screwed their faces up @ the price  ::) )

Running water all year round - BECAUSE I KNOW WHERE THE STOP-TAP IS ... MWUAHHAAAHAAAAAA

Shop - I used to run it when I was Secretary but no-one has replaced me.

No toilets - but we have high hedges!

Lots of restrictions - that no-one takes any notice of

Very good value for money if you ask me. But then very few people do  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 20:05:06 »
High hedges on my site as well. I go in a bucket and put it in a barrel, so I can use it for liquid manure. Much better than throwing it away down a loo.

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 09:55:40 »
£3 per rod plus £1.75 affiliation fee.

Sheds allowed on perimeter, no stock, running water and mowers on site for £5 per year.

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 23:09:27 »
OK I know the size of a footie pitch but whats a perch and a rod. I used to catch perch with my rod but that was a long time ago!

Ian

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 11:11:48 »
OK I know the size of a footie pitch but whats a perch and a rod. I used to catch perch with my rod but that was a long time ago!

Ian

Have a look here:

http://www.simetric.co.uk/si_imperial.htm

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 13:16:35 »
Ta - I have learnt something today

Rowan

• Not So New ...
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 18:16:25 »
Our plots have just gone up, when we moved here they were 50pence each! Now, they're £15. They're part of the local lord of the manor's estate and now come with a long contract which we have to sign. Basically, no livestock, no cutting down the trees (as if I would), no mining for gold. (We keep our chickens in the garden and as we got them before this was verboten, they can stay!)

We have one standpipe and a rubbish heap. The main grass paths are cut occasionally. No loos but the allotments are literally behind our garden gate, so that's not a problem. I got the greenhouse last year, before the new rules. Now, you have to ask permission. Same with sheds.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 15:25:35 »
I misread your post for a moment there, Rowan - thought your chickens were mining for gold. Wonderful image. I had them in sepia tones with little tin hats.

Is there a lot of gold where you are?
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2006, 16:37:05 »
3 pounds per plot, and I have 2.  No water, apart from the ditch, no loos, no parking and no security.  However, it is tranquil, fabulous soil, and we can have sheds and greenhouses!

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 17:14:54 »
Charge on ours is £7.20 per rod, standard plot is 5 rods so annual rent is of course £36.00. We have stand pipes & water tanks, a rubbish dump & have sheds, greenhouses & various other structures. Manure is delivered on an irregular basis.

Nots so bad lad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2006, 20:44:23 »
:)Hi Halifax west yorkshire here £19.50 half plot running water plenty of beer cans from local teenagers ;D

Conzla

• Not So New ...
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2006, 22:01:36 »
2.50 for full plot, running water, parking and a bargain by the looks

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2006, 23:26:03 »
Bill just in - O.A.P. rate of £15 (up from £6 last year) plus £2.50 Association fee so total of £17.50 for approx 100(+-) x 30 ft,  shed provided, own g'house, standpipes, parking, weekly removal of rubbish, composting toilet -I think full rate is about double the concessionary rate.

Food and drink provided by self, entertainment courtesy of fellow plotholders - worth every penny!!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 23:54:02 »
reading your posts I'm not sure mine is much good now  ??? #30 for year #10 returnable deposit for key (get that back when i leave) half plot by the way from what i can see sheds green houses allowed grass paths locked gates ( you have to lock your self in when you arrive ) water don't know how big ill find that out when i pay on sunday and i think i need to find out if i get anything else for all my money  ;D

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 11:07:21 »
Hello, first post here so I'll mind my manners!

£12.50 per year, 5 poles, fantastic soil, shed by permission, greenhouse by permission and £10 surcharge, water sump just by the end of my plot.

No beasties, burning, rubbish collection (got to take burnable/monster weeds home) free parking on a Saturday three mins down a "home made" steep footpath to the site, but then the rest of the over-car'd town knows about the free parking too.

No access for manure deliveries due to the above and the narrow, parked up streets on the other side so have to be carried in bags/sacks - my muscle tone will improve (just wait till we get the shed delivered to the car park!).  No association either.

Inherited a vast bay tree  8), salsify, rhubarb and more.  Very pleased and into the second year, still chipping away at the weeds!

Rowan

• Not So New ...
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2006, 12:15:26 »
Bupster, hi!

Yes, we're hoping our chickens will make us millionaires!
Marvellous image  ;D

We're in the east of East Anglia, so no gold as far as I know but the contract specifies mineral rights, so if the hens ever do find any, it belongs to the landlord.
(Still, I could sneak a few chunks away by dead of night!)  ;)

mpainter

• Not So New ...
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 14:00:08 »
Down in Taunton, Somerset we pay £15 for about 15m by 15m.  It has water and sheds but no concrete which means driving can be fun at this time of year.

Don't you just love this country - rods, perches, poles, feet, yards and metres all on one thread! ???

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2006, 21:17:09 »
I believe i win the "Dearest allotment site award " ;D
Do i get a prize ::)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2006, 21:33:42 »
Ah but how much do you spend on seeds etc.? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal