Author Topic: stupid question!?!  (Read 1467 times)

gingerninja38

• Quarter Acre
stupid question!?!
« on: January 23, 2006, 21:59:51 »
i planted winter pansies in november and all the flowers died within a week when we had heavy rain  >:( i left the plants in the ground will they flower again or should i just compost them?

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
Re: stupid question!?!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 23:18:00 »
Providing the plants are still healthy they'll flower as soon as it gets a bit warmer, and certainly in early spring. Winter pansies often sulk in winter, I'm afraid  :)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 14:09:26 »
Ginger I did the same!

My flower tub looked great for a couple of weeks, then the flowers were over.  However, they are now established plants and will steal a march on the newly planted ones!! ;)

I hope! :-\
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 18:05:21 by flowerlady »
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 15:47:46 »
Hi gingerninja38, winter flowering pansies generally stop flowering about November and start up again in March. If you want something similar that WILL flower all winter try violas.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 18:21:10 »
I planted both this winter, the pansies are very sad but will perk up, the violas look stunning, I think they were called Blackcurrant Sundae, they have put on a really good show ever since they were planted. I would definitely recommend them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal