Author Topic: Wheres EJ  (Read 4024 times)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Re: Wheres EJ
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 21:15:33 »
Not going to pass this by without passing comment. Sending anonymous e-mails is cowardly and abhorrent.  At least all the people I know on here have the courage of their convictions and would not stoop to such low tactics.  I know a little about this and really feel for the person(s) involved and the same goes for you Dave - the person who abused you should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.  I think I have got to know you a bit and I think you are a thoroughly good bloke - as are the vast majority of the people on this board - even those I do not see eye to eye with.

To the coawrd - If you have something to say, stand up and be counted.  I do even though it gets me into trouble sometimes.

PS - I really hope that Tim comes back.  I have the utmost respect for the guy - for everything he has done in his life, his knowledge and his willingness to help others.  I am really sorry that the misunderstandings went as far as they did and wish that we could all live side by side.  Anyway,  I would rather you had Tim than me if you will not accept both.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 21:18:11 »

...I think you know who your friends are here mate....

Yes, I do, which was a large part of why I stuck around.  If I didn't know before, I certainly do now! ;) 

Dave
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 21:20:26 »
This has passed completely over my head, my support and sympathy to those on the receiving end of the nastiness, and a swift kick in the proverbial to whoever is responsible (metaphoric of course)!

I miss your posts EJ, hope to see you posting again soon.  :-*
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 21:47:53 »
Errrrmmmm   hate to say this but maybe she is just busy with work kids etc. and hasn't had the time to log in and post?  Please don't blow everything out of proportion.
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 21:52:11 »
I don't really know what has been going on, but this forum just isn't the same now.  :'(   I believe there was a clash between those who wanted the forum to be strictly to do with gardening and those who wanted  humour in the site.  I believe there is room for both.

I joined this site back in July but didn't really imput into it until 4 months later.  In support of the humourists, I must say that I was cheered up no end having just spent the worst 11 months of my life after my son's illness.  When I looked on the site and saw the panto going on, organised by UP, I started to laugh again.  UP if you are reading this, you bought some sunshine into my life.  :D   Now I am not going to say that I understood everything that you wrote, your "Laughter files" for example, but I just moved on to something that I was interested in.   For those who thought you were being too frivolous, I will remind everyone that this happened in a season of good will.  So please come back you laughter makers, UP, RC, TM and others.

Now as I said earlier, I don't know what really happened but believe Tim left because he thought the frivolity was getting out of hand.  Tim, You are an asset to this site as much, if not more than anyone else for the vast amount of gardening experience that you have.  Please come back Tim, life is too short to have hard feelings.

I don't know anything about the e-mails but would have thought Dan knows or could discover who sent them and reprimand the person concerned.

Let us all unite together for 2006.  Each and everyone of you reading this has something to contribute to this site.  Let's forget about what has happened and look towards a happier future.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 22:00:11 »
Red Clanger.....Why should we choose

Tim or you......Mate........You are as Much welcome Back here as Tim....Everyone is Equal....Im sure
Tim Might say the same thing himself...we all repect him

People express themselves sometimes different to others...not with the intentions to cause friction...but somehow it does ignite the fuse to some people.....maybe we should all....Think!!

You know Im sure that  without me saying all those who have departed....can so easily come back....its really very easy
you know. Try it.

There are alot of Fine Posting Here RC  Read them ......some very good points for US ALL to learn by....for us all to move forward as
a Club together.....sometimes in life we must agree to disagree but in a friendly way...incidentally dont misunderstand this is not aimed at you in anyway what so ever.Its just a Statement
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 22:02:56 by TULIP-23 »
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 22:02:35 »
Thanks Tulip and everyone else - I will be looking in again from now on.  Rest assured, there is now somewhere else where we can mix the humour with the gardening so gardening with a little humour added on here is back on the agenda.  :)  I hope that is OK with everyone.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 22:04:04 »
Variety is the spice of life ...   and I like spice  :o  ... oo did I say that?   :-[  well nobody is listening   ...   (walks off humming)  ...  3..6..9 ...  ;) :-*
where are you people?   8)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2006, 23:08:21 »
No DP, I was speaking to Emma in Messenger ...

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 00:23:21 »
It is not wether humour is the sorce of life or whether it should be banged on the head. The point is these threads keep flaring up and arguments happen.

Please just let it lie and forget it. I am on the verge of leaving and I need as much help as I can get. Things have changed so much since I was a collage and I for one don't want to see it go just because some people want to turn it into a informal meeting place.

If you have nothing of interest to post on someones thread then don't post on it . It is as simple as that.

If you don't like someone ignore them and carry on the thread in the manner and subject that has been raised.

Not everyone on this forum is going to see eye for eye. That is what discussion is all about. All that Dan is wanting it that everyone gets on with everyone else or sticks to the subject that has been posted. Is that so hard to do ?

There is no reason for anyone to leave this site. we all need eachothers wisdom in this hobby.

Please everyone just stop the bickering or we will lose it.

Please give Dan a brake. He does a great job here. If you don't like the way the forum is run then do us all a favour and leave.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 01:06:36 by joji »

Yellow Petals

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 00:28:11 »
Couldn't agree more, Joji.

Sick of this stupid subject coming up over and over.  Seems some people just refuse to let it die.  Guess they just can't help themselves. 

Wish Dan could lock this thread too and the way it's going, he'll end up having to lock every flipping thread because some people can't keep their thoughts to themselves.

To those responsible, please zip it,  you are trolling your boring views at the expense of most other members enjoyment of this site.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 00:56:22 »
I agree too

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2006, 09:27:27 »
If you are receiving abussive emails - show me the evidence, the trail of the email can be followed quite easily.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal