Author Topic: Chimp Week!  (Read 1778 times)

Yellow Petals

Chimp Week!
« on: January 12, 2006, 23:51:59 »

Has anybody been watching this fascinating and superb docu-series on BBC1 this week?

I've loved every minute of it.  They are a pleasure to watch.  Such a shame it's ending tomorrow though.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Chimp Week!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 23:58:03 »
Yes, been enjoying it YP.  But I missed it tonight, was called away to a meeting!!!  d**n and blast.   Can anyone tell me what happened tonight??

OH cant stand it cos of all the screeching of the males fighting etc.   Wonderful photography though and great seeing the chimps.  They are just like us arent they.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 00:30:50 »
Been watching it too YP - they did a series on this same "family" a couple of years ago - it was on BBC2 - and I think most of this is it rehashed with a little bit of update.  Commentary not so good this time but still loving it - I got completely hooked again.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:50:45 »
The photography has been as stunning as ever - the BBC natural history dept is brilliant at this sort of thing - but it's a shame the commentary seems to be aimed at pre-school children  >:(

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 20:16:59 »
it's a shame the commentary seems to be aimed at pre-school children  >:(

Cheers,
Rob ;)

Rob, that's what I said to my husband just last night.  He said he didnt like the commentary and I said that perhaps it was aimed at keeping youngsters watching? 

Carol, am trying to think about last nights.  The big fire took out a lot of the trees/greenery where the Chimps were living so they spread about far and wide.  It appears that the oldest female (Frodo & Freud's mother) has passed away as nobody has seen her for months.  This leaves poor little flirt (youngest female) all alone as the rest of the tribe don't seem to be making contact with her even though she is following them around (very sad that bit) Kris the young, strong male, is making his bid for leadership, backed by Freud and another high ranking male.  Frodo decided that being nice and docile wasn't his thing and decided to try and attack a female who had come into season - but the other guys beat him up and put him in his place!  Gremlin and her family are all still together - but not yet back with the pack after the fire.  She has also hooked up with another female who has youngsters the same age as Goldie & Glitter. 

Ok, I think that's it.  It's probably all useless now as tonight's episode is over and done with already!  (Havent watched it yet, it's been recorded)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 23:12:14 »
I cannot stand the site of them , they get on my nerves, always showing there bums and flea raking URGhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 23:37:44 »
Thanks very much Sam.  I did manage to see it tonight.  It has been good. 

:D :D :D :D

Yellow Petals

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 00:33:48 »
Oh I've really enjoyed it. 

So glad little Flirt was able to mingle again  :D

Been a real pleasure to watch.

Mum, I'm going to buy you the extended DVD when it comes out, ok?

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 16:06:54 »
Save your money sweet child. ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal