Author Topic: A Dream or Wish now....  (Read 5508 times)

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
Re: A Dream or Wish now....
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 10:26:44 »
For someone to find a cure or at least a much better way of managing diabetes....why? so my 4 year old daughter doesn't have to go through numerous finger prick tests and two injections of insulin each and every single day.

May all our dreams and wishes come true some day :D

Yes, I'd quite like this one too. Sorry to hear it's your daughter Jesse - it's hard enough to take it all in as an adult, especially when the advice changes every few years:( So that's my selfish wish - that one day soon the boffins will find a better way to control/cure diabetes.

Cheers,
Rob ;)

ps. world peace, an end to poverty and bird flu disappearing would be good too!
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 10:37:48 »
Tulip-23.... Have already given my best wishes to Rosebud and her family but would just like to say again.... VERY BEST WISHES AND  I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.   Love Lorna xxxxx

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 11:16:28 »
My 16 yr old daughter is type 1 diabetic too, so I genuinely feel for sufferers with this condition, particularly young children who are unable to understand. I am trying to be proactive in this respect, by raising sponsorship money for Diabetes UK via running a marathon in May ... my contribution to making that wish a reality ...

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 11:23:31 »
I'm with Merry Tiller - watching my 60 year old mother suffering from this horrendous illness is heartbreaking.
On a lighter note I hope my son stays happy and healthy - and that when the time comes he gets a sibling or two :)
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 11:45:18 »
I hope that number two baby arrives safe and well in June, and that Cameron copes ok after realising that he is not in fact the centre of the universe (or at least that he will have to share that position with someone else for a while!)

Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 12:00:49 »
My son was going to be five when my daughter was due.I worried lots about how he would cope seeing as he'd had me to himself all that time. When my girly was born she gave him a blue wooden parrot. He wondered how she had managed to get him something. I explained I'd ask her what she wanted to get for her brother when she was still in my tummy and we were in a shop.She kicked like mad when I picked up the parrot.  He keeps it by his bed and she has a photo of him by hers.

You'll be fine Caz and Baz,just give Cameron time to get used to the idea and a pressie from baby helps!

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 12:43:41 »
Oh Heldi that story is so lovely. That's really warmed my heart today.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2006, 12:56:25 »
I thought so too ...  :)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 13:34:54 »
I think like most people my wish is for Good Health for everyone.  Whatever your other dreams are you can't do anything without that.  It is truly a blessing and you really appreciate what it means when you haven't got it. 

I too suffer in the winter Agapathus, so I wish you well.  I had Chronic Fatigue in 2001 and it took about 2 years to gradually recover.  It was frustrating at the time as, as you say  Juliet , Doctors just don't know how to treat it or what it is.

I also wish my husband would give up smoking, -  he attempts it every year after his birthday, without sticking to it.  His birthday is 21 Jan so another attempt coming up. Sunshine would be nice too. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Yellow Petals

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 13:42:16 »
Happiness.  I believe life means nothing without happiness.

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 21:14:00 »
Goodness, Robert & Busy Lizzie, you have both been lucky.  Most people I know with ME have had it for 10/15/20 years plus - I have had it for about 14 and many of my symptoms are gradually getting worse.  I know most people do improve, eventually, but some don't, & I only know one or two who have actually recovered (& I know an awful lot of people with ME - am actively involved in local & national groups supporting sufferers).

I think like most people my wish is for Good Health for everyone.

Nearly all of us have wished for that one way or another, haven't we?  Our health effects our quality of life so much - and we don't realise how important it is until we haven't got it.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2006, 23:22:22 »
It took me three years, but I made a more or less complete recovery. I still have a tendency to keel over after eating, especially when I'm under the weather. That was actually the thing which hit me first when I was coming down with it. I've never been able to do as much physical work since either. But I haven't had anything identifiable as ME for about five years. There is hope.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2006, 00:48:57 »
Juliet, Have pm'd you, and I wish you all the very best, and hope your health improves very soon.  busy_lizzie   

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2006, 10:28:26 »
Juliet ;)

Im sure you know all our thoughts and best wishes are with you Juliet..........................

and for everyone one here with serious Medical Situations
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:31:44 by TULIP-23 »
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2006, 11:09:10 »
One of my great nieces in Kent has suffered from ME for several years, she has a young child and lives in a 3rd floor flat which she has difficulty managing.One day she may get a Council property..One of the reasons I (after surviving cancer quite a few years ago) thank my lucky stars for reasonable health, I treat every morning that I wake up as a bonus. My wish for all of you who don't have the privilege of good health is that you may see the end of the tunnel.

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2006, 15:33:36 »
I re-read my original response, counted to ten - then deleted it.  I wish I wasn't so sad.
Always look on the bright side of life

Yellow Petals

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2006, 20:11:35 »
I have to admit, I am fascinated by these ME, SAD, Chronic fatigue, Winter Blues that people suffer from.

Where did they come from?  What do they mean?  Why was it never heard of years back?  So many questions but I don't want to go off topic!  :-\

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2006, 20:46:15 »
I am wishing that my daughter has a lovely wedding.  We had a meeting this afternoon to discuss it.  Think the date will be in May next year.  She is our only daughter, so my dream is she can have a day to remember.

By the way, YP, those things did exist years ago, but just weren't recognised by the medical profession.  I believe ME/ Chronic Fatigue were called, Neurosphenia or something like that , but don't quote me on the name.  busy_lizzie

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2006, 21:15:19 »
Thanks for your good wishes/encouragement folks, & thanks busy lizzie for your pm - will reply when I have a bit more time/feel a bit more awake!

Lorna - sorry to hear about your great niece - must be dreadful having ME in a flat - I have enough trouble coping with noisy neighbours in a semi.  Do hope she is able to move soon and things improve for her.

YP - in terms of ME (which is also often called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, though the medical definition is not quite the same) the short answer is - it was heard of years back, but they hadn't given it a name then! - it was also for many years thought to be a mental illness & treated as if it were depression, which generally made sufferers worse (that is NOT intended to put down anyone who is suffering from depression, by the way - just saying the treatment was inappropriate - a bit like going to the doctor with a broken leg & being treated for chicken pox) - it's only really recently that it's been recognised as neurological.  And so as not to take this too far off-topic, if you want to know any more, feel free to pm me any other questions & I'll try to answer them!

(Oops - sorry busy lizzie - just finished writing this when you posted!)

I don't know much about SAD though - don't think I know anyone who has it but it sounds rotten  - my sympathies to those sufferers here.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2006, 21:20:26 »
B.L
 ;)

Hope your Daughter as a Great Day in May.

Like Sam I have,nt heard of these things ...I would say we are'nt going of Topic.. YP.. if someone...Expands the Information ???

Juliet....Thank you also.. I sure thats both enlightened myself and Sam and extremely couragous to talk openly about it...so that we full understand the Medical Situation concerning this syndrome...Thank you.
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal