Author Topic: In Birmingham? Buy yr seed potatoes here!  (Read 2272 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
In Birmingham? Buy yr seed potatoes here!
« on: January 19, 2006, 15:53:12 »
Anyone interested? Today came across a small garden centre in Stirchley that sells a great range of seed potatoes, from 1st earlies through to a salad one (belle de fontenay this year - they can't get international kidney)..brill thing is that you can just buy a couple of each if you want - which I'll be doing on Saturday afternoon.

Onion sets were just arriving while I was there & they'll be getting shallots too.

I'll post the addy, etc. and a list of what they've got on offer, if anyone's interested.

Ooooh! and I bought 5 BIG bags of spent mushroom compost for £6 - with free delivery on Sat. morning...

Not a bad sort of morning, really ;D ;D ;D

Lishka

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: In Birmingham? Buy yr seed potatoes here!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 22:07:31 »
Where is it exactly? There's a place on Three Shires Oak Road, off the Bearwood Road, that seems to do a decent selection as well, but I haven't had a chance to check.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 22:38:53 »
I'm sort of thinking you live in/near Moseley, Robert? If so, it's much nearer than Bearwood. Along the Pershore Road to the Co-Op Island and it's up the road that runs along the side of the Co-Op (Umberslade Road?) It's on the left - The Rathbone Garden Centre - training place for kids with behavioural probs. Dave and Bob run the place & in the shop they've got 15 varieties of seed potatoes they sell by the kilo, or just one or two if you want to trial a diff. variety..so I'll be looking at the list, seeing what I can fit into my new tattie patch I've prepared in the garden & buying a few, probably Saturday afternoon. Pretty sure they're not open on Sunday.

:) Lishka

Oops! forgot their tel.no. - 472 2233
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 22:47:00 by Alishka_Maxwell »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 07:37:47 »
I'm in Ladywood. I used to work for Rathbone, years ago when I first came to Birmingham. I'll find it, thanks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal