Author Topic: 9 degrees C  (Read 3059 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Re: 9 degrees C
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 20:16:04 »
Yep! I've got new growth on some of my clems too, but they should still be ok even if we do get a cold patch! Don't worry so GW!!!!!  ;)
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 08:43:18 »
Apparently, except in parts of Scotland, December in the UK was the sunniest on record for 100yrs.  It wasn't bad here either except for lots of snow and cold.   Here we've just had a few days of bright sun and blue skies but below zero so there's still bits of snow lying around and everything's been frosty white.   Now we've got grey skies and drizzle and are at about 3C but the water in the pond and birdbath is still frozen.   It'll be a while before I can get anything done in the garden.
Obxx - Vendée France

Diana

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 09:02:50 »
Back to D & D today - damp and dreary
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 09:18:30 »
Still sunny here  :) Thick frost though and walking to work was more like skating  ;D Still, I prefer it this way to overcast or rain!
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 09:32:46 »
Icy and frosty in Shropshire today too. Still the sun is shining and I shall be digging once the frost has gone off the soil. ;D

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 09:43:01 »
Sunny but very frosty here today, the mud has frozen solid so no squelching out to the hens this morning. Hope it warms up a little, I want to get to the allotment later, it was -4C this morning when I took kids to school :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 09:45:10 »
A frost here in South  Yorks this morning........ Mr sun has now popped his head out so its gonna be a perfect day for lottying ... I am going to spread some muck on the part of the lotty where the brassicas are going ..Steaming barrow here we come ....  Jim
Cheers .. Jim

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2006, 09:54:53 »
Bright and sunny here again but there's ice in the garden. I'm heading out into the garden in a mo, with LP, to have a tidy of my dumping area!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal