Author Topic: NEW holes in the ground allotment plot idea.  (Read 8792 times)

JRP

• Acre
Re: NEW holes in the ground allotment plot idea.
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 22:44:13 »
 ;DHi ALL,it's me again trying to promote my ideas. For those who haven't seen me on SKY Three TV yet,I should be on again tomorrow 25-9-2006 at 10 30am or one day in the week. The Secret Life Of, to do with Gardening in suburbia is my topic. If I can save one life by posting on this website I think its got to be worth it,I'm sorry if you think I'm wasting my time as I'm no further than I was 8 years ago,but if someone out there can help me to get my ideas used or up and running,they might like to take a look to see if they can help me in some way by watching the TV programme. May we all live long and happy. John.J.R.P.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 15:53:45 by JRP »
www.recycling.moonfruit.com designed to help save lives. John. J.R.P.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 00:15:12 »
Hi ALL who are interested in the way I do things. To day the 5-11-2006 I reveal my latist design in a upright transportable growing system,which is my latist project to help those who have not a lot of space on the ground surface,but have a fence or railings or a wall going round it,which could be used to help hold it in place. I designed it for children to use or someone in a wheelchair or someone who can't dig any more. I've added 3 photos to my Cereal Crop Growing photo page for you to look at,and I've changed others on my 3 other Crop Growing pages too,which I hope will change your mind about digging in the future. My Project is to be used by our local community to show a different way of growing things,and to have fun too doing it by adding some colours to the containers to show who's who's when in use. With a end result of a Private back yard with lots of coloured plastic containers surrounding it,with lots of different things growing in them, which also has a new green wire screen as a backing too,attached to railings which go all the way round it. Which my 3 photo show the first 3 stages of on my website. I have other designs for you to look at in the future which I hope you will find of interest too. May you and yours live long and happy to see lots of fireworks. John. J.R.P.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:07:50 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 01:40:57 »
 :)Hi everyone,may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas,and a very Happy New Year 2007 too.  ;D ;)
I will look forward to shareing some more ideas with you in the future.
May you and yours live long and happy. John. J.R.P.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 14:34:29 »
Thanks for the offer but after I've spent this year clearing a plot I dont wish to let it overgrow to try out your system.

Whatever works for you though ;)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 12:40:57 »
 ;D Hi ALL,may I put forward another idea of mine to do with growing things in a small space,simply done by putting any seeds or beans into a small space to see if they will grow,simply done by mixing them all together leaving very little room for weeds,of course trying to protect them in some way from the birds,sluge and what ever else,and you will be surprised at the end result after mother nature has worked her magic.This way you would be ahead of everyone else if they germinate.
The reason I'm saying try this idea is,I bought a large bag of mixed bird seeds to put in my bird feeding containers,and I sprinkled some of them on our patio too when the weather was bad. The end result was those seeds that the birds did not eat germinated and started to grow,the ones in my containers I took out and replaced with somemore bird seeds,but the ones that had blown around my garden near our bird feeders had taken over any space where they could grow,to the point I'm now going to leave them where they are,and I will dig some of them up and put them into my transporable container system to grow on up my allotment plot.
Whilst we have bad weather I have still been going onto my plot to see how things are,and I've been putting potatoes,and bits of potatoes into my containers too which have shown any sign of growth,the only things which are still not growing are my tomato's,lettuce,broad beans and french bean,and peas,every thing else is still alive,which does prove to me I can grow things in my system for a very long time,plus mother nature only needs a small space,any space to creat life from a seed.
So why not creat your very own growing space full of fruit and veg,just like they creat a wild garden or meadow now, I know it will work on a small or large scale so why not try it out if you have a space you are not already using, plus the fact you can transfer most veg at any stage from one place to another as long has its got some roots on it.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 22:24:03 »
Can I put my name down for a beheading. ??? ??? :'(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 09:39:26 »
Thanks JRP for leading me to the information on permaculture. It made interesting reading. I think I can see where your holes idea fits in to this system - work with nature and allow it to do the work - isn't that what we are all striving for?

On an allotment basis, if I understand the philosophy correctly, this might mean:

- don't be too tidy, allow weeds to grow - this will shade the ground and mulch
- if you take something out of the system put it back - crops will take nutrients, add back manure, or PLW (Bob Flowerdewism I think, Personal liquid waste)
- if you've got rabbits, slugs, rats, deer, pigeons - live with it, or encourage something to eat them! I recall Piipa Green Wood on Gardeners Question Time Radio 4, saying plant more as they can't eat everything, you'll never fully keep out rabbits...

Does this sound about right JRP?

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 10:20:53 »
Permaculture update from the pg household:

Having just posted I asked my other half if he had heard of the permaculture philosophy. "No, what's that". I explained as I understood, work with nature etc. - if you have slugs, buy geese to eat them (suggestion from the permaculture website suggested by JRP).

"What if the geese get out and eat all your produce" he replies. "No problem." says I, "Permaculture philosophy does not allow for problems, only solutions - you've now converted your produce directly into protein - eat them!"

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 23:54:33 »
::) Hi pg,what I'm saying is why make hard work for your self when mother nature does it all the time in a far simpler way without using any tools too,only using the sun,moon, and the weather to get something to grow,the only difference with us doing it in our own ways are,we enjoy doing it when we want to,but she has to do it all the time. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.

ice

• Not So New ...
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 07:04:37 »
does this mean you've decided to remove that eyesore of old wood and plastic milk bottles from your allotment and let mother nature get on with it?

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 18:14:22 »
Hi ice,yes my plot is the only one in the world designed in this way,so it's different,so why don't you leave it at that if you are not interested in growing things in a different way,which some people are into,and if you think my plot looks like an eyesore then yours must be one of the best. Maybe others on here who know you might think differently but won't say anything because they enjoy gardening and they don't want someone like you telling how to do it. John. J.R.P.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 19:34:14 »
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 09:22:14 »
JRP, your post led me initially to your own website and the suggested websites on permaculture. I noticed the term "forest gardening" cropping up.

Googling showed me that this is a term appying to gardening using height layers for ground and shade cover - edge with trees/half-size standards, then shrubs/fruit bushes, then perennials, ground cover and climbers.

Has anyone come across this term or use the ideas in their alllotment?

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 20:16:29 »
eat them!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JRP can you post pics on here???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal