Author Topic: Time to name and shame?  (Read 1309 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Time to name and shame?
« on: January 09, 2006, 23:32:23 »
I have come to realise that there has been a lot of aggravation and bad blood about the forums of late, to the extent that some of the longer standing members are talking of leaving. This would be a great shame.

I am not realy sure who is to blame, but perhaps they could be 'named and shamed', so that the rest of us can limit oour interactions with them and perhaps start to enjoy the place again.

What do you think?

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Time to name and shame?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 00:27:33 »
I feel strongly for your frustrations Garden Cadet, and understand the strength of feeling that has led you to make this post. However, I think that Dan is retaining control, although he must be finding this exhausting. I don't think I agree with name and shame though, once Dan has decided that someone is not beneficial to the site, then I think it should be dealt with as a private matter. The outcome will be the same. Dan has the power to limit privileges. I have identifed areas and people that I dont want to interact with by observation, and so tend to avoid those areas anyway, so I am controlling my own environment within this site.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 00:29:44 by Derekthefox »

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Re: Time to name and shame?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:41:35 »
I shall not be naming and shaming anyone, and do not think anyone else should either.

I do not think anything would be gained, and I am positive it would result in yet more 'bad blood' between members.

I have locked this thread as I do not think there is anything else to say about the subject.

Dan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal