Author Topic: Bad Manners...grrrrr  (Read 7668 times)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
Re: Bad Manners...grrrrr
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 13:05:05 »
You could have said that as no-one replied, then you didn't get any party bags as no-one was coming!
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 13:33:26 »
Good point, Derek....Multi, if I did that, then the little darlings would then have to miss out on my lecture about in my day, we considered ourslves lucky and yardy, yardy yar....it's the highlight of the party for me, really.. ;D

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 13:39:38 »
organised a bbq for our allotment...had posters put up....borrowed big marquee type thing and huge bbq....spent a fortune on meat (nice free range stuff...pork steak, lamb etc)..minimum charge of £3.75 per head (bring your own booze)...had lots of people say they were coming......on the day only about 10 people turned up....5 of which were my family! (30 were estimated to have come)....no phone calls or notes to say they were'nt coming.....and to top it off someone who did come nicked all our booze!!!! Still hav'nt had apologies after 4 months...and it cost me dearly:(

undercarriage plan

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 13:46:38 »
That's awful, Agapanthus, you must have been hopping mad, all that work and expense.......At least with my sagas,  only had to pay for the number of kids that showed up.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 13:49:53 »
Oh I dont know, I really despair with todays society.  Same thing happened in our village with an organised BBQ with football match for the under 10s.  Oh yes, they were all coming, up to 60 boys plus parents.  A huge BBQ was organised and you guessed it,  only enough boys 15 to form 2 teams and 1 girl played to form 8 a side football.  We were left with all the food.  In a way I am pleased to hear it happens all over, cos I was beginning to think it was just this area.   Not nice at all......

??? ??? ???

undercarriage plan

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 13:56:55 »
I wonder why, though?  ??? It seems to have got so much worse over the last 7-8 years. When Meg was little, everyone answered, now it's only the odd reply, if that. 

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 13:59:42 »
Agapanthus and Carol, I really sympathise with your experiences.  It must have beens so disheartening for you both to have put that amount of work in and to have been let down so badly. Such a shame!! Why are people like that?  ??? busy_lizzie  
live your days not count your years

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 14:07:43 »
Don't know if I am off topic or not, but here goes.  Our village used to have a Festival week when a young girl (14) used to be crowned the 'Maid' for a year.  It was a whole week of fun with loads of activities going on.  Mind you a lot of the entertainment was for the adults.  Now that has stopped because none of the young women in the village want to take on the responsibilities of running the Festival week.  The 'old' committee had been doing it for decades and they felt it time to give it up.  So, now there is no Festival Week. and the young mothers keep asking the 'old' committee when the Festival is going to start up again.  Not one of them is prepared to form a committee.  They want their cake and eat it but don't ask any of them to do anything.  Sorry Dan, if I am off topic.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 14:11:37 »
I don't think it is Carol, it's the same everywhere, only ever a few prepared to do anything, yes all want to enjoy these events. There's 5 of us do the school disco, and about 300 turn up, but if you ask for volunteers behind the bar, or to sell tickets, they are all busy that night.....funny how they're all there at the disco though.... I end up doing the bar... ;D ;D ;D love it actually, takes me back to my barmaid days......

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 14:25:59 »
Bad Manners? I have had occasion to chastise my own family. I always give the Grandchildren money for their birthdays. I do not see my daughters three girls very often and so give the money to my daughter to pass on to them . In August I sent two of them money via my daughter (sisters) just a year between them. No phone call. All  my other G.children either thank me in person or phone me. The two girls apologised to me at my birthday party. They were given a quick lesson in good manners so I don't think that will happen again. Mind you they are both lovely ;D and I love them dearly.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
just have to say
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 14:32:39 »
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

undercarriage plan

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 14:45:07 »
Ady? Erm.....that is a really big grrrrr.....  care to share? OK, nevermind....just curious...... :-X

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 15:13:30 »
Manners are important to me.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 15:27:22 »
OK..grrrrr away then... :)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 17:38:57 »
I think the local Sierra Leone Association Christmas dance has had it after this year. It raised £350 for a charity which is putting libraries and computers in schools over there, but one woman was left to do all the cooking, and she was really angry about it. Don't blame her; a lot of food gets eaten.

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 20:20:10 »
I cannot stand bad manners, and am afraid aswell as blaming parents for not teaching them ,I blame the TV  how many times do you hear people on the soaps etc ask for something and never say please or thank you.  What kind of example does this set.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

undercarriage plan

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 20:33:49 »
It's a mad world, PC has gone mad and yet common manners have gone flying out of the window..... :(

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 21:20:34 »
I have to admit that I'm quite surprised by your comments. I was brought up to reply to an invite, and send a thank you note for a gift. And I still do it. The same applies for LP - obviously I have to reply for her where party invites are concerned, and I have to write the thank you notes, but she draws the picture on the card and signs her name as she is only just 4. We've had parties every year for LP and so far we've only had one person not reply, and thankfully they didn't turn up to the party. I think the people who ignore RSVPs or don't reply to invitations are incredibly rude! I do wonder though how many people have read this thread and ignored it because they act the same way with invitations!!!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2006, 21:34:19 »
Plocket. Yes makes you wonder!! I went up to our friend at New Year to thank him for a cracking party. Not sure if he understood what I was saying, he was well gone!! So, although he cannot read or write I have sent a written thank you and asked his son to read it to him.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 22:24:40 »
Today my granddaughter (4) said to me: Oma (she calls me Oma) this is the second time I've told you I want you to turn the light on. I just dropped a red clanger: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
 ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal