Produce > Kept Animals

Well done Dan

(1/4) > >>

redimp:
I would just like to say well done to Dan for being so responsive to the needs of us board users.  I do not keep animals of any sort so will not use this board much but I think we are very lucky to have Dan as our moderator - we put him through hell and he puts up with most of it.

Hot_Potato:
I don't keep any animals either (unfortunately) but am really looking forward to reading the interesting posts that no doubt will appear on this new thread before long.

I'd like to add my thanks to Dan also - agree with r.c. that we must give him a real 'hair tearing' time on a regular basis!! - this is a wonderful group....big thanks...H.P.

Robert_Brenchley:
This should be an interesting addition; thanks, Dan. I've been planning to post pics of the bees through the season, but at the moment they're warmly clustered in the depths of the hives and there's nothing to show.

moonbells:

--- Quote from: Robert_Brenchley on January 06, 2006, 22:30:56 ---This should be an interesting addition; thanks, Dan. I've been planning to post pics of the bees through the season, but at the moment they're warmly clustered in the depths of the hives and there's nothing to show.

--- End quote ---

I'd love to keep bees, but it doesn't seem terribly straight forward any more with varroa. I don't suppose there will ever again be such as thing as organic honey thanks to the varroacides: the mesh method of getting rid of the things doesn't seem to be 100% effective. Poor bees. 

(It's a very frightening thought that without the capability to make these pesticides, honey bees in Europe may well die out and then there would be a complete and utter farming disaster. )

Sadly I can't have them on the lottie and the house has a restrictive covenant against all forms of livestock so despite the house opposite (different builder) having chickens, we never can... (That and we're absolutely *surrounded* with oilseed rape, and I can do without needing a road drill to get at the honey! ;D)

I guess if you want to reply to me then we ought to start a proper thread! :)

moonbells

Heldi:
Thanks Dan! Didn't notice the board straight away but I got stuck straight into it as soon as I did!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version