Produce > Kept Animals

Photo gallery of our chickens

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jesse:
Thanks for all the kind words, sorry to hear about your brother having to give up HP, I'd love to have ducks as well but it's just not possible where we live. :)

northener:
Yeah lovely pictures what type of chook is the 1st one? I can't post pictures at the moment, computer probs.

Jesse:
She's a barnevelder (Ketchup is her name), lovely natured but this one tends to go broody, she hatched two batches this year, but we love her anyway as she has such a pleasant nature. :)

sandersj89:
These are my girls:

They stay in the run in the morning and are then let out into the garden and field beside us for the afternoon. I have all my beds fenced off so they cant reek too much havoc.

We have room for a good couple of dozen hens but 3 suits us just fine.

The black one, a Daisy Belle,  is Dora the Explorer and the boss of the flock, very quiet nature though and loves the kids playing with her, also a tendancy to go broody.

The pure white, a White Star, is Snowdrop and the most flighty of the three but she lays the most wonderful pure white eggs and has hardly missed a day since she started to lay.

The white/black, a Sussex Star, is Pearl. A nice compact hen that again lays very well, very vocal though!

They have decimated the slug population in the garden and I love having them around, in the evening they have worked out they can trigger the security light at the back door and spend their last 15 mins before bed time there trying to get through the cat flap.

Jerry

Jesse:
lol our hens also try to get through the cat flap, scared the daylights out of our new cat who came face to face with a chicken whilst trying to rush outside ;D

Lovely hens Jerry, they look very healthy :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version