Produce > Kept Animals

Photo gallery of our chickens

(1/5) > >>

Jesse:
Posting a photo of our chickens, we have 6 now, the original three are called Sophie (a white leghorn), Roma (a maran) and Ketchup (a barnevelder), the other 3 we hatched this year using Ketchup as our broody. They don't have names as yet (shocking I know!) but they are a barnevelder and two silver dorkings.

Feel free to add photos and names of your chickens :)

Svea:
grrr, must avoid this area of the board or risk getting chicken envy....

lovely girls you have there, jesse
(btw, will PM you about the chocolate for your daughter)

lorna:
Great pics Jesseveve., When we had land and buildings we kept chickens (what didn't we keep!!) We shared a hundred with the farmer opposite. We kept ours in a very large lorry covered trailer., complete with electric light. He kept his in a drafty old barn. Guess who got the most eggs!!?

dibberxxx:
lovely pics those baby chickens are so sweet , ;) ;) ;)  wish i had room to keep some

Hot_Potato:
Oh Jesseveve - fab photos of your chooks  :).....when my brother & I were born way back in the 1940's, our family kept chickens (as did many people) and in later life, after retiring thru ill health from his headship post, my brother became a poultry farmer keeping over 600 free range birds plus some rare breeds, ducks & geese....it was wonderful to visit!!...sadly thru more ill health he finally 'sold up'....H.P.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version