Author Topic: Hubby's birthday  (Read 2564 times)

Yellow Petals

Hubby's birthday
« on: January 06, 2006, 00:05:40 »
It's my hubby's birthday today (6th) and I've lined up a nice treat for him that he has no idea about.  It was his 40th last year and we didn't really have the wongers to do anything special, so I'm doing it this year instead.

My sister is taking us to the train station (it's a non driving day for hubby) and we head into London for breakfast.  Followed by a full cruise along the Thames (no, not an open top boat lol) and a pod for two on the London Eye (I've done the Eye several times before but hubby never has)  Lunch in the Rainforest Cafe and then possibly a trip to the London Dungeon or maybe just a mooch around the West End (spose I'd best let him pick something on his birthday....mumble....grumble.....hehehe) and finally two tickets to see the musical High Society in Shaftsbury Avenue at 8pm.  Icing on the cake is a hotel room booked for the night just off of Euston, so we don't have the horrible journey home at the end of the evening! 

No, am not rich, and no, dont have money to throw away - specially after Xmas.  I have been selling things left, right and centre on Ebay throughout the year and booking things as I went along.  This was all arranged and paid for way before Christmas was even being thought about.

He really, really deserves it and I can't wait to surprise him with it all tomorrow morning. 

Just hope he's remembered to book the day off!!!   ;D ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Hubby's birthday
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 00:12:47 »
How fabulous!  Hope it all goes well and you both have a brilliant time. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 00:21:16 »
Where were you when I chose a wife?

Just one word of caution. When the lights suddenly go out in the dungeons, watch out for pickpockets. I lost a mobile phone in there.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 01:33:16 »
Sounds great, YP, and he's bound to enjoy it so you will too.  A special day out just the two of you together is always special......
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 09:46:59 »
Hope you both have a wonderful time, Sam, enjoy... :)

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 09:55:35 »
Awee YP sounds a grooove for sure and hope that you and Mr Petals have a fabbo time..

Ozzy

:-* :-* :-*

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 10:02:01 »
HOpe you both have a wonderful day :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

John_H

• Half Acre
  • compost happens
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 10:16:36 »
I hope you have a really great time
(remeber the museum of garden history isn't too far from the London Eye either!)
Indian build small fire, keep warm.
White man build big fire - keep warm chopping wood!
http://www.20six.co.uk/johnhumphries

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 10:58:30 »
Hi Sam ;)

Hope you both have a Great Day together....with
lots of Wonderful Memoirs for the Future 8)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 12:32:20 »
Sam By the time you read these good wishes your "surprise" for OH will be over SO....... I hope you both had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute. Good on you for making such an effort to get the money together to pay for everything.. I know how I felt when the kids did that surprise birthday party for me in Sept. so I am sure OH will be delighted with your hard work. xxxx

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 12:41:01 »
hope you have a wonderfull time  ;) ;) ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 23:15:38 »
Oh dear Samantha will have such a tale to tell you all when she gets back , poor girl. :( :(  AKA Yelow petals.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 23:49:08 »
Ah No.  hope everything was OK for her.  Shame if it went pear shaped.

Will wait on her tale Rosebud. 

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 00:16:23 »
Oh No Rosebud.....I was just about to post...wondering how it all went......how the show was......what was the hotel like  ;).

Yellow Petals

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 21:08:16 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the good wishes :)

We did have a lovely day/night with the exception of a hiccup after breakfast!

Made our way to Waterloo, walk toward the London Eye booking centre and it was all closed up.  Walked toward the London Eye Cruise office - all closed up!  Finally found an official wandering about and asked him what was going on and he told us that the Eye & the Cruise were closed until Monday.  I asked him when this had been scheduled as I had bought our tickets back in October specifically for this date.  He replied, 'what, and they didn't let you know?'  (well yes, I said, but we thought we'd come anyway - duh!)  So we couldn't do those ones but turns out we can bring our tickets back any time before the end of March and use them another day.  I was really, really disappointed for both my delicate itinerary planning and my husband :(  I was also really cross - and told them so - not that they cared.  Anyway, we bought different tickets on the spot for a one way cruise from Waterloo to The Tower which was nice enough.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 21:24:59 »
Awww shame about the Eye, but glad you had a good time.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 21:30:30 »
YP.What a dissapointment but appears you still had a great time. Did you find out the reason for the closure?

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 21:53:34 »
I think the London Eye and their staff members all deserve their own place in the Bad Manners...grrrrr thread.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal