Author Topic: 5th January  (Read 1031 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
5th January
« on: January 04, 2006, 11:30:05 »
Back to school day for my two.  It has been a lovely break with them, even with the dreaded lurgs, but I have been longing to get outside and be selfish and do something in the garden.  I will be without a car tomorrow, so have had to reschedule work, which means I can spend the whole day in my garden.  Plan of attack is to start in the front garden and rake up the last of the leaves, cut back everything that can now be tidied and sweep the drive.  Then to the backgarden and into the greenhouse.  Complete tidy and sort out, water whatever needs watering then into the garden and tidy tidy tidy.  Can't wait.  Fancy some gates, as an invitation up the garden so to speak......and an arch.....

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: 5th January
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 13:10:59 »
Glad you are all feeling better Emma.  Know what you mean about wanting to get outside.  I am longing for the weather to clear up here, we have had severe frosts this morning and more snow is forcast,  but I am fed up being indoors. I have got loads of new ideas for our garden too one of them includes moving our greenhouse and enhancing our patio area.  We have a really sunny wall on the patio and would love to grow some  fruit trees the espalier way on them.  For Christmas I got some topiary shears and I fancy dabbling with some of our hedges and bushes.  I too should do a major tidy; raked the leaves before Christmas but garden needs loads of attention, and then there is the allotment........   :) busy_lizzie   
live your days not count your years

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 13:39:30 »
oooooooooo, I have a pile of ironing to do...whats on the goggle box tonight, might do it then if there is something on to watch, if not, our family chrimbo pressy to all of us was Bugsy Malone on DVD so might have a bason full of that!  Another GREAT musical!!

You coulda been anything that you wanted to be.....la la la la....

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 13:52:17 »
Mine went back today, and have to admit to a tiny sigh of relief, Hurrican Delilah hit the house 5 mins after they left for school - tidying, taking chrissy decs down all those rotten jobs that I loathe but unfortunately needed doing, took the dog for an extra long walk then a couple of hours at work.  Going leaf collecting tommorrow and can't wait - I have never had cabin fever so much over the Christmas period as I did this year!

flippin eck .................... have just heard the weather forecast and we're forecast snow this weekend :( :o
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 19:03:17 »
Sounds like the new year good spirits are at work Emma, filling us will all these lovely visions for the coming year ...  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal