Author Topic: Family dog.  (Read 2832 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Family dog.
« on: December 17, 2005, 12:57:38 »
My eldest daughter has a white German Shepherd, she is 9. they have had her since she was 10weeks old. When she was a pup the vet said she had a very small hernia, nothing to worry about. If they decided to have her spade they would correct the hernia at the same time. My son-in-law didn't want her spade. Anyhow on Tuesday they noticed that she had a lump under her tummy, they  thought that perhaps the hernia had got bigger. By Thursday the lump was very big. They took her straight to the vets. They operated yesterday and it turns out to be cancer. They are  bringing her home this afternoon. She has to go back in new year for xrays. We are all hoping that they have managed to get all the cancer..The whole family (inc. three grand daughters) will be distraught if they get bad news, especially my son-in-law. So I am keeping my fingers crossed for them.

joji

• Hectare
Re: Family dog.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 13:05:45 »
 :o Oh no Lorna :'( :'(
As you have probably seen on here a couple of months ago. I lost one of my boys to the Big C ( cancer ). My thoughts and hopes are with you. If you need to talk just PM me.
I know it is worrying. I am here for you if you need any advice.

Jill  xx

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 14:51:08 »
Hoping and wishing for the best possible result, Lorna, big cyber hug... ((((((Lorna)))))))

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 15:44:59 »
Thanks Joji and UC. I haven't really been close to Sharne due to my stupid fear of other dogs (as I have said before  we have always had German Shepherds and Labs so tis all a bit silly) It took me 6/7years before I would go in sons house , then after Charlie died I was invited to Christmas dinner. John put Shelby in lounge and when he was bringing her through to go in garden  I said just stand by me and see what she does. We are now on the best of terms ;D
As I said in original post all the family will be devastated but I think my son-in-law will feel it most. Still we must look on bright side.Joji PM on its way

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 17:37:26 »
Lorna. Sent you some advice in a PM back . I will be around over christmas if you need any more advice. I hope she will be ok. My thoughts are with you all.

Joji xx

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 22:28:27 »
So sorry to hear the news Lorna.  Hope and pray that they have  managed to get all the cancer.  Cyber hugs to you and your family.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 22:35:07 »
Sharne came home at 5pm today. Vickie (daughter) says it is a rather large wound
she has got a collar to stop her reaching the wound but she has found she can get to the wound with her back legs. I have passed on advice which Joji kindly sent me by PM so hopefully she won't damage stitching. She went mad when she saw Paul and then again when she saw the girls. Vickie rang me a little while ago and she is now ZONKED out so hopefully she will have a good night..Thanks for concerns.

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 23:26:46 »
Oh heck Lorna - its a worrying time but at least she is home from vets now, my fingers and everything else are crossd for the New Year xrays!
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 00:19:01 »
So sorry to hear about your daughter's dog Lorna.  I send all my good wishes and hopes she makes a full recovery.

Pauline

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 13:31:30 »

Fingers crossed she will have a loving and long future Lorna,it's always so sad to read about our pets being ill.
Bet she's pleased to be home,bless her.
Give her a hug from me  :-*

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 13:58:50 »
Just had a telephone call from Vickie. Sharne had a good night . She has to go for after op check up tomorrow. Then it will be a case of waiting for the Xrays in the New Year. Thanks for all your wishes.      Lorna.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 18:16:42 »
Mine too, Lorna..

undercarriage plan

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 21:21:38 »
LOL!! Lovely pics, Wards.. ;D ;D ;D But I'm a tad perturbed, is that an unopened bottle of wine I see? Are you OK?? ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 21:26:48 »
Just got back from daughter Alysons. (had lovely eats and drinky drops!!) she has got a rescue dog. It is barmy, they let it or rather it escaped from kitchen to lounge grabbed Alysons plate with food on it and tore round the lounge , I just rescued my brandy from the floor. Boy Wardy I reckon Russ is a little girl thingy cat compared with this one.. Sharne managed to get that collar thing off but she is going on OK. The stitches have to come out on Wednesday.
Gotta go. have promised Joshua I will pop round although I have been with them since 4pm. nothing to do with the fact that Lorna has got a night cap ready for me ;D ;D
Best Wishes to you and your family and of course Russ. I think I have to change my glasses again this type seems a little fuzzy or could it be the brandy? ::) ::)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 21:29:06 »
What are you thinking of!! Get a move on!!  ::) ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 13:44:37 »
Sharne. Update. Vickie just called in. Sharne had her stitches out today, She has still got quite an "opening" in the wound where she got to the stitches. The vet has given them a wash which they have got to treat the open wound with, She has got to go back in a weeks time for checking. No date has been given for the Xrays yet. They said they want to spade her when they do the Xrays but Vickie said she doesn't want that done if there are any more signs of the cancer. Bit of a catch 22 situation..She still has to wear the collar. My thanks for the PM's which I have received asking about Sharne, I really have appreciated the concern shown..    Lorna.

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 15:12:04 »
thanks for the update Lorna :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 18:08:43 »
Great news Lorna. When will the x- rays be done?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 18:56:47 »
joji. No date given for Xrays yet. From what I gather they want to see the wound fully healed before they put her under again. Perhaps they will decide next Thursday when she goes for another check up. Will let you know. Regards Lorna.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 19:36:29 »
Ok  Lorna keep in touch. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal