Author Topic: Greenwizard persuaded me.....  (Read 7215 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Re: Greenwizard persuaded me.....
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2006, 18:36:20 »
It's amazing what people can do when they put their minds to it isn't it? Heldi your mum's work must be so special to you, as well as to her. What an achievement.

And I was rather lazy where art college was concerned! Had an unconditional offer of a place but decided not to go. Family were not impressed!!! If you feel the urge to paint again you will - and I envy you the life drawing/painting - that's something I really should do a course on.

Juliet perhaps your father will think of something else to inspire him. These talents can lie dormant for a long time. Everyone has a talent though - it's a matter of finding it!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2006, 19:11:26 »
Oh Plocket you must do life drawing. If you see a class snatch up a place because it is great fun. I remember my trying to draw "those bits" and I never got it quite right. I looked at my classmate's attempt and she looked at mine and we both burst out laughing. You know what got us really stuck? We didn't know how to suggest hair without it looking like a Ronald McDonald wig...or my wig in my avatar. Hilarious! Seriously though it makes you see and observe the human body in a whole new way which then makes you look allsorts of things in a new light.

If I were Prime Minister, I would make Art compulsory on Friday afternoons for everyone. Imagine all those Chief Executives doing a bit of colouring in and some potato prints!

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2006, 19:14:40 »
What really made me want to do life drawing was my aunt a few years ago - she had a model who was pierced in the most intimate places! I was very intreagued!!!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2006, 19:23:23 »
Blimey, I'd have to give up trying to paint those piercings...I'd just stick some macaroni on the paper and spray them gold lol!

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2006, 19:27:46 »
I like your thinking!!! PMLing here!!!!! I was more interested in what it felt like being his partner!!!!!!!!!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2006, 19:56:04 »
LOL ....P !!!   (I like your thinking too heehee!)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 19:59:25 »
Pklocket, I thought I had congratulated you on your beaut. paintings but I haven't, apologies, but they are beautiful and hope you carry on with this wonderful talent you have.

I too like painting and was good at it at school and into my 20s.  You can lose yourself in drawing and painting cant' you.  The time just passes by.   Someday I will take it up again and would like to go back to classes. 

Anyways you carry on and do the stuff, its really good work, wonderful.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2006, 01:07:23 »
Plocket your paintings are georeous!!!!!! ;D

Hope you'll be posting some of your landscapes soon.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal