Author Topic: Snow on it's way  (Read 18045 times)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
Re: Snow on it's way
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2005, 12:44:56 »
It glorious outside, crisp and refreshing, total blue sky, not a cloud to be seen.  0.7 degs.

So how can it snow?   :'( :'( :'(
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

undercarriage plan

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2005, 12:57:43 »
Clouds, I think... ???
It's now beginning to cloud over here.....am huffin and puffin, keep your eyes peeled!! Tell me when to stop, cos need lay down... ??? ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2005, 13:38:03 »
Two photos from yesterday's walk in the wolds

and Two photos from todays dog walk

Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2005, 13:55:00 »
Nice photo's Redclanger, pleasant but wintry ...

undercarriage plan

« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2005, 15:44:15 »
Lovely pics, Ady...and no more snow here....think I blew it all to Flowerlady.. ::)

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2005, 16:33:30 »
I'd forgotten how exhausting making snow men was........

Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

gardenpath

« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2005, 16:49:36 »
could u send the snow down towards somerset, as havent had any decent snow for years

undercarriage plan

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2005, 16:54:25 »
Gardenpath, I seem to have mislaid it.. ::) I'll check under the sofa again, and get back to you...
try the snow dance, really.... :)
And hello!  ;D   aubergine vol au vent?

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2005, 16:59:45 »
Ha ha ha You look like you had more fun than your children pete !!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2005, 17:18:36 »
Nice pic Pete. Bet fun was had by all!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2005, 17:28:05 »
Hi Gardenpath.  Big welcome to this site. Not much snow here in the Fens, did have a smallish fall last night which has made side roads dodgy but all main roads are OK. . Nice to have you aboard, tell us something about yourself, or maybe you have already done that on another thread....... Lorna.

Treacletop

• Quarter Acre
  • Mad woman with Sword!
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2005, 22:19:55 »
hmmm...so much for the reports on telly about lots of snow in Kent.. About an inch and a half...pathetic!! I need snow for the weekend..my wellies need snow!
Be true to yourself..nobody else will!

Yellow Petals

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2005, 00:27:05 »
It's a nightmare in school as well; just class after class of overexcited kids, the odd idiot who thinks they can smuggle a snowball into a lesson and throw it when I'm looking the other way, etc. etc. What they never seem to realise is that I can watch an object fly through the air and work out exactly which desk it came from.

Hahahahah that takes me back a bit!  Back when I was about thirteen, we had a lovely big downfall of snow and my mates and I had a huge snowball fight during break time.  We were covered, head to toe and completely drenched.  I had lumps of snow hanging out of my hair, etc.  The minute I walked into class my French teacher - who was also my form tutor, marched me straight back out again, refusing to have me in her class until I had gone and made myself respectable!  On the plus side, it meant I could stand under the dryers in the toilets for a little while as I was actually freezing  ;D ;D 

Went to throw a snowball at my husband this morning until he gave me the evil "dont you dare even think about it" eye over the top of the car.  Thought better of it and got in quietly.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2005, 12:33:02 »
I created mayhem a time or two at school by opening the windows in my form room, which overlooked a large grassy area where they all played in the snow, then standing behind a window in the middle and shouting insults. Every time a snowball looked like coming close I closed my window, and meanwhile they were flying through all the others making an incredible mess.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2005, 12:37:30 »
Ha ha Robert, this is a mischievous side to you I wasn't aware of ...  ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2005, 15:03:13 »
That's what the kids at school don't realise; teachers see straight through them because we've all done as bad if not worse in our day.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2005, 15:07:24 »
Well guys our snow has arrived. It came at 2 pm and we got a total white out. We can't even see over the back to our lottie or our van not more than 10 feet away from back door. ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2005, 16:29:41 »
joji. No more snow here, all the roads are now clear. Just a little on the garden but it is bitterly cold. If it keeps up for the weekend will you be racing the dogs? If so please get some pics for us.

iain

• Half Acre
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2005, 17:27:20 »
the snow has arrived, very fine showers, most of it is settling, hopefully will get some more so the kids can go build a snowman and ski down the hills

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2005, 17:35:07 »
joji. No more snow here, all the roads are now clear. Just a little on the garden but it is bitterly cold. If it keeps up for the weekend will you be racing the dogs? If so please get some pics for us.

I will try to remember the camara this time Lorna but at 5:30am  my brain is still in bed till we get to the forest lol  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal