Author Topic: Busy busy busy!  (Read 4769 times)

Yellow Petals

Re: Busy busy busy!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 23:23:03 »
8hr shift at work, 2 1/2 shopping afterwards, down to mum's for a flying visit (and to pick up groceries stored there last week) back home at 21:30 put shopping away, cooked dinner, sorted out what's what for food preparation over Chrissy weekend (working again tomorrow!) and then continued with present wrapping.  I'm so beat today, I need my bed!! 

undercarriage plan

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2005, 00:39:12 »
Awww sleep tight, Petal, how is your Ma? Hope she's OK and enjoy your day, is yours too you know....Happy hols!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005, 06:17:31 »
Pay attention.  Did anyone else pick up on the fact that (whispering here so get close) Plottie's husband is a policeman?  Shhhhhhhhhh, keep it down.  No more talk of nicking Tesco baskets from now on.  Got that?  Good  8)

Still not found me tree.  Had a further search.  Lost me cheese grater later on so had to turf cupboard out and it had fallen down the back.  Shouts to niece to get the torch and she quipped that while is was rummaging in there I might find the tree  ;D

Husband went out after work to buy a new one but it's not trimmed yet  :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 06:19:34 by wardy »
I came, I saw, I composted

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2005, 07:10:48 »
I heard that Wardy!!!  Would you like me to ask him to get his finest and bestest officers on to The Case Of The Missing Tree?

Sure they'll only be too glad to help!!

P  ;)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2005, 08:00:59 »
Well, I'm completely confused now....had all the kids running round yelling Happy Christmas....sat bolt upright in bed, thinking OMG!!! Thought it was tomorrow.....brain overload.... but forgot, it's Christmas no 1, for 2 eldest who go away for week today... :'(, Christmas no 2 is tomorrow, Christmas no 3 in a week....I'm so relaxed.......she sobs in hair pulling manner... :o ??? :P ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2005, 12:59:14 »
Down to Tesco's at 6am. Got all the shopping Lona needs ( I'm OK Jack I didn't have to get any, good this is being chauffeured and dined all over the hols) Came back filled Lorna'S fridge and mine with food. Took Elsa to kennels for hols. on way back Lorna whizzed in to a restaurant car park and said "Ok we are going to have breakfast"  Blimey what a breakfast, 2eggs, 2rashers, tomatoes, mushrooms  fried bread hash brown, bread and butter and coffee for Lorna and pot of tea for me. Back in to our local town for last min things not too many crowds. Visit to cemetery then home. Had 3 cups of tea and a chat.Off again at 4.30pm to middle daughters for evening grub and drinks with all my lovely kids and grand children. Lovely day!!!

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2005, 14:32:37 »
Talk about confuddled Lottie...........................is it catching? :-\

Lorna enjoy your day you deserve it :)

Been running around like headless chuck today and guess what I've forgotton to do...................................ice the cake................no time now off to pub soon ................don't think Mother in Law will be too happy with un-iced cake...............Oh Dear I'm in trouble now :o
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2005, 14:46:57 »
Well my day is organised... prepping as much of the dinner as possible, and any other activities related to that. The vegetables are all in, three hard hours this morning digging and lifting parsnips, leeks and potatoes that evaded cropping in september ... then dropping my wife off for her nightshift, finally staying online until I fall asleep ...

Derekthefox

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2005, 15:01:34 »
Thanks Delilah. Soon off for fun and games with the family. Hope ma in law doesn't read the riot act to you, I am sure if you give her your dazzling smile she will melt. Have fun. BTW I think they are waiting in the panto room for you ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2005, 18:22:04 »
Well i am kn&&&ered, i have made 60 sausage rolls , 42 mince pies, iced the cake , made the trifle, will do the veg tomorrow, have got all the potatoes in from the pots and washed them they look brilliant. so now i am going to watch come dancing and have a rest. washed the spuds not the pots Hehehehe!!.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2005, 18:32:16 »
As well as everything you did yesterday and this morning??   >:(  Hmmmm, I feel a ticking off is in order here!  Oh ok, praps just one mince pie then......  ;) ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2005, 20:08:10 »
Just torn my hair out.  Been busy busy today as well, even went back to Morrisons cos I forgot the brussels sprouts!!!  they didnt have any left.  Aw well ne'r mind.  But, my main moan is tonight after doing the dishes I started to make tomorrows  Pavlova Cake.  I had a feeling an egg would burst into the egg whites but no, it didnt but what did happen was the battery operated d**n and blast hand whisk ran out of power. and I had to resort to the good old fashioned hand whisk for making the Pavlova.   Heck, its hard work.  I got OH through to take a turn.   Hope nothing else goes wrong with the cooking.

Merry Christmas to everyone in A4a, hope you all have a super day .

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2005, 21:08:01 »
I've done the last of the shopping, spent the rest of the daylight hours on the allotment, and I'll season the meat later. I'll do a lentil curry and the trimmings to go with it tomorrow, when I won't have exhausted myself digging out loads of ground elder.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2005, 21:19:56 »
I'm going to church in a bit for midnight mass..  I happened to say I was going and then my husband said he would like to come, then my niece, then my sister and then my son turned up and said he'd like to go too.  We're still mourning the loss of our beloved ma who loved Christmas so we're going to church to sing the carols she loved.  Gets us closer to her some how  :) She won't be with us tomorrow at the dinner table and we're all going to be so sad cos we miss her so  :'(

undercarriage plan

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 21:23:01 »
Thinking of you,, Wardy.. :-[ :-*

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 21:33:58 »
Wardy. I know what you mean. We lost Charlie on Jan 9th and each year this time of the year is real hard. I joke and laugh with the kids cos thats what Charlie would have wanted. He was a very positive person. When I am on my own it is a different story. God Bless you all.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2005, 21:44:21 »
Cos lost Christmas tree had to buy a new one. This took me hours to put up and trim today but kept me out of mischief  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2005, 21:45:32 »
Beautiful Wards... you've drunk the wine... ::) ;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2005, 22:53:03 »
We ought to organise a midnight service one year; it's something we've never tried. Either a midnight mass or a watchnight service depending on whether we've got an amenable minister or the control freak type. The current one's OK, but you never know.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2005, 23:27:53 »
Have just come back home to retire for the night. Have been up since 5.30am and have told Joshua he can knock on wall at 6.30am. What a kind chap he said "I will give you 5mins to get dressed Nan and then I will come round for you" As I can never go to sleep without reading for an hour I thought I had better get some shut eye.
Wardy the tree looks beautiful. I hope you enjoyed midnight mass with your family.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal