Author Topic: Busy busy busy!  (Read 4826 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Busy busy busy!
« on: December 23, 2005, 13:10:53 »
Honestly, you would think, as we are not entertaining anyone over the festive period I would be able to sit back and relax, but I have decided, it isn't in my nature!  What is wrong with me!!??  Today I finished the Chrissy cake, cooked the ham, took various things out of the freezer and put them in the fridge for the holiday period, cleaned both bathrooms, freshened up the hamster cage, made mince pies, fed the kids, sorted some seeds for my sis and Ruud, and am now up here to tidy the kids rooms! I still would like to clean the car in and out, then I need to think about the evening meals!  I need a large chill pill....anyone??

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Busy busy busy!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 13:29:16 »
Grab one for me too Emma ...

Derekthefox

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 13:49:25 »
Do you know now is the time to look around and say wow aren't we lucky. Been for a fantastic walk the scenery was just unbelievable weather gorgeous. Best chill pill that there could be. And what will happen if we forget something don't think we will starve. Turn around and give everyone a cuddle or smile and make their day too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Marigold

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 14:35:11 »
After an extensive search of house, loft spaces, outhouse etc, we have no tree!
How can you lose an 8 foot Christmas tree  ;D

I seem to recall chucking it out last year when a branch fell off but was not sure so have left it til last minute to check.   Like yer do  ;D

Will I venture into town to get one?  Er, no! My old man will be thrilled when I tell him he's got to go and get one  ;D  I can imagine what will be left in the shops  ;D ;D   Christmas starts here  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 14:54:38 »
Well house going on the market so have decluttered and totally blitzed the garden, as have left key with estate agent just in case anyone fancies a look whilst we are away, flying off tomorrow so washing, ironing etc. Have not even started packing yet, then there are all the rooms to clean, (In case of a viewing and because ........see next comment) our bedclothes to wash cos Sis is staying here, dinner to cook, fire to lay, cases to pack, guinea pigs to sort out, clothes to pack, floors to wash, cases to pack, water plants, oh and did I mention I need to pack?? ;D  Nervous breakdown to have..................., Bottle of wine to drink.........DP wanders off shaking head and muttering loudly! ;D ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 14:59:54 »
Honestly, you would think, as we are not entertaining anyone over the festive period I would be able to sit back and relax, but I have decided, it isn't in my nature!   I still would like to clean the car in and out, then I need to think about the evening meals!  I need a large chill pill....anyone??

Yes please,  if I give you my address you can come over and fulfill your nature any time you like!!  ;D ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 15:00:57 »
Not having a tree to decorate decided to have a bonfire (like you do)  Anyway I've only gone and set fire to my husband's co-op vouchers which he was saving for his Yuletide beer  :o  Saw them disappearing into the flames, screamed out loud, tried to retrieve them, and although one whole side of them has gone I think all the vital info is still there.  Bloody hope so as he's going to be in a bad enough mood when he gets home from work and finds out he's got to go and buy a tree, and then to find out I've torched his beer vouchers.  Eek  :o  Think of me kind people tonight as ye gather round your Christmas trees and toast the festive season with a glass of foaming Bass  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 15:02:28 »
Phew, glad it isn't only me!  I saw your house had gone up DP.  Impressive!  ARE YOU MAD!!!!!!   ;D  Cleaned inside the car.......my darling can do the outside tomoz I think.  Do you know, I think I have done enough.  The kids are playing with the playdough, so I might go join them!  ;D ;D

Wardy.....how can you loose a tree!?!?!?!?  We have friends who threw all their old decs away as they were getting tatty, and they planned to buy new ones in the sales, except they didn't get around to it......ended up costing them a fortune come Christmas week!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 15:10:56 »
I know, an 8 foot one at that!   ;D No tree and no beer! 

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 15:22:13 »
LOL EJ and DP  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

YO EJ... playdough? do u make your own?? if not get u the recipe etc... tis fun for sure LOL

ozzy

:-* :-* :-*

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 16:07:31 »
My Governor is likewise engaged in the mad frenetic Christmas charade.
I was dragged to the shops this morning to pick up the groceries....I have never seen the car park so full...it was manic...surely people can't really eat all the stuff they are buying?
Visited eldest daughter and two grandchildren this afternoon to take gifts.

I think that I am surplus to requirements tomorrow having been told to "keep out of the way" whilst the Governor finishes her nervous breakdown..

soooo....I shall pack my hot flask of tea and box of sandwiches and retire to the comparative sanity of the lottie

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 16:08:54 »
EJ..DP..Wardy.  I feel quite guilty. I have nothing to do as I am out to one or tother of the kids all over the holiday. Just have to shower, make myself presentable each day!!!!!!!! Did mosey down to Sainsbury's with young Lorna this morning, mainly because Joshua was packing customers  bags with several other scouts.
We plan to go to Tesco's at 6am in the morning. Daughter Alyson popped in and she had been to Tesco's at 6am today and  she said it was packed.

DP have a wonderful break.(where to?) you are not by any chance buying my old home are you? :)

To one and all Have a Wonderful Christmas, any one seen an8ft tree?? ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 16:17:39 »
Lorna   You have a computer!  You can get Tesco to bring the whole thing to your kitchen.  No 6.00 am slog.  Honestly tis the best thing since sliced bread.  My Christmas grub and drink all arrived safely with no effort from moi other than to key in my old man's credit card details.  He'll be livid when he finds out  ;D ;D ;D   Nah, only jokin.  Told him it cost just over fifty quid.  He knew I was lying  ;)  My sister has been battling at Morrisons this afternoon and has phoned me to say it's mayhem.  I was smiling quite smugly. 

Mind you she does have a tree which is more than I've got  ;D  Russ will be most miffed if we get no tree as you know ..............  ;D Ahem  ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 17:00:09 »
Lorna not your old house sadly! And we are off to Bermuda to visit the rellies! Best thing is we are dragging my Mum with us! ;D

Wardy I am with you on the Tesco front, do all my grocery shopping online now, tis grest, also don't come back with those "oh that pack of 20 donuts look nice" stuff! ;)  Even though we are going away we have a tree, well, a ficus actually decorated with lights n snowflake decs, and the best thing, it doesn't shed! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 18:33:53 »
Wardy. I agree about on line shopping but unfortunately it wasn't until 5pm this evening that Lorna could work out what she wants. Joshua's other Nan  saves in three different places ready for Christmas and she kept saying to Lorna I will have some of this for you I will have some of that for you!! However she didn't know quantities. Lorna did try to order her cold meats from Tesco's but they are not taking orders this year..So now all is clear and have just made out her list for her..
Joshua's other Nan always orders over the top and as she is also invited to Lorna's for Christmas day she wanted Lorna to take some food off her hands... That all sounds as clear as mud!! Joshua is sleeping at his Dads tonight so that we don't wake him up early.

Now did you find that flipping tree? Did OH have to go out and get one....how was he?????

DP. Have a wonderful holiday. Love Lorna.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 18:41:19 »
Wardy, I'm trying not to laugh, not doing very well sorry..will get control...but 8ft??? Quite intrigued! I'm sure Russ will come up with an alternative..
I daren't do supermarket shop online, I tried it once, and bare, oops bear,  ??? which ever, that there are 6 of us, I didn't know what I was doing and ended up with one tin of jersey potatoes...in fact all the veg (pre lottie I hasten to add) were in tins....one tin each for the week... :P
But I'm chilling quite nicely here....don't know why cos 16 arriving for tea, and at the min, I have virtual parsnip mince pies, and sprout souffle....

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 20:07:36 »
I just love this time of year - it's my absolute fave dispite the work involved.  Today has been a whirl of grocery shopping and preparing for my annual Christmas eve party - about 18 of us this year at the last count.  Will be cooking, baking, polishing etc etc etc all day tomorrow in the lead up to this.  It's definitely my best day of the Chrissy season as I have all my family around me.  We start at about 7pm and go on until we're all worn out from eating drinking and playing charades, with the highlight of the evening's entertainment being the 'Christmas dance' prepared for weeks in advance by my daughter and niece and perfomed in front of adoring mums, dads, aunts, uncles and grandparents.
Christmas day is a quieter affair with just me, hubbie and our 3 kids, although we do have visits from both sets of parents who drop in to share our kids' delight. Cooking on the day is usually shared between Mr P and myself - this year he's working (police officer) until 2pm so we're planning on a late lunch (about 4pm)
Then Boxing Day we have a leisurely start to the day, a light lunch and then off to my parents for buffet tea and more games and fun
All the presents are now wrapped and I'm so exicited as it's finally here.........I wish you all the happiest of Christmases wherever you are and whatever you do.
Plottie  :-*

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 21:12:21 »
Plottie. Great time ahead for you. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. My middle daughter is having buffet and drinks for all the family (15/18 of us) depends if all the Grand children turn up on Christmas eve and youngest daughter is doing same on Boxing Day evening. I love the get to gethers. 4 kids and partners/husbands 8 grand children  and grandsons girl friend. It was always a Boxing Day get together here but after losing Charlie the kids sort it all.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 23:15:44 »
I braved M&S food this lunchtime - 20 mins queuing to get in the car park, 15 minutes of sharp elbow fighting inside, 20 mins queuing to get through the tills and made it back to work (just!) inside an hour. Only to get sent home almost immediately!

I am glad I'm not in the main bunfight this year - have left everything bar the lottie stuff to Mum in law, and we get our goose on the 28th and intend to cook dinner at New Year.  Of course by then the shops will have restocked so it will be far more painless.  Usually I run a 2 pages of A4 checklist!

Off to lottie tomorrow to gather leeks and stuff, and there will be lots of food prep at home so I can take it on Sunday. 

:-)

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 23:18:13 »
That will be my first job tomorrow Moonbells.  I have bought home 'snips, leeks, sprouts (green and purple), kale (black and red) and carrots so tomorrow will be clean up and sort out.  They are currently all out in the garden in buckets and tubs looking chilly!  ;D  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sprouts!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal