Author Topic: Recognise anybody here ?  (Read 4194 times)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Recognise anybody here ?
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 14:24:49 »
That sounds like good news Redclanger, I hope it eases your plight ...

Derekthefox :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 14:43:01 »
RC Wow just in time to cheer you up for Christmas. Glad you have been settled at last for whatever claim you had.

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 16:32:38 »

See foxy......you are in the festive mood  ;)  way to go clanger...wardy can
  I drill your nail.....been ages since I done that...love to watch it spurting out
  goooooooo on goooooooo on....you know you want to  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  bejesus lottie your an expensive round...2 bottles....make do with a pint
  and be done with you...!!!! ;D ;D...ohhhhhhhh n by the way looks like the
  beers is on clanger !!!waaaaahhhhhh heeeeeeeeeeeeey .

JAGS

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 19:57:04 »
RC.   You have described my 'perfect' day for me.  Watching the kingfisher and even seeing it diving for a fish is worth more than money.  You are so so lucky to have seen that.  I dont want anything for Christmas, I want to see a Kingfisher. 

I am glad your claim ahs been settled as well.  Hope your money problems are now at an end and that youcan look forward to 2006 in  a better frame of mind.

Merry Christmas RC. 

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 20:18:31 »
Thanks everyone - The Kingfisher has made my holidays.  Best view I have ever had of one and I had never seen one until they moved into our stretch of river about 3 years ago.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 21:16:08 »
Come to think of it, yes, sighting a kingfisher probably constitutes one of those 'dream' moments for me too. In a way, I hope it never happens, because then it will have passed ...

Derekthefox :D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 21:20:56 »
I hope you do see one Derek because that dream moment never does wear off and there are plenty of other experiences left to wish for.  My parents had seen Kingfishers and it was always one of my dreams.  One of my other biggest wishes is to see otters in the wild - that hasn't happened but I am looking forward to when it does.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005, 21:31:29 »
I used to see kingfishers along the Thames between Sandford and Abingdon when I was a kid, a few miles downstream from Oxford. I don't know whether they're still there. I once saw an otter up near Ullapool on the west coast of Scotland, but they're making a real comeback so you're much more likely to see one now.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 23:43:51 »
RC.  Now I have seen an Otter or three or four   in the wild.  2004 on Mull.  I recommend a holiday on Mull  RC.  Its full of wild life.  My eyes were out on stalks when I visited there 2004.  A surprise at every bend in the road.  Even the Sea Eagle is there but I am sure you know that anyways and perhaps you have already been to Mull. 

We have otters around here as well and my OH sees them in the summer on the golf course, plus the Kingfisher which turns up on the river running through the course.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005, 09:07:43 »
Oh Mull is fab!  RC if you like the natural world you'll love Mull.  It's a magical place and you find yourself being drawn back there.  It's so relaxing and laid back and I think the best food I've ever eaten was on Mull.  I've sent friends of mine there and my mate spent last Christmas there at the hotel run by the island's bird watching organiser chap.  We all went to Tobermory for a meal and it was a wild rainy night and we couldn't find our way back to the guesthouse as it was so dark.  We were pressed up against someones' window frames checking what colour they were to see if we were at the right place. We weren't  ;D Ah happy days  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 09:25:57 »
Yes I have happy memories of holidays in the Highlands too, the most impressive photographs I have ever taken were of that area. The colours were almost surreal ...

Derekthefox

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal