Author Topic: Costliest Garden Centre / Item!!  (Read 6228 times)

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
Re: Costliest Garden Centre / Item!!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 09:08:18 »
Yep,

Gordon Riggs is full of good quality plants at reasonable prices, Only 10 miles down the road from me.
My local. Very good selection of seed potato's too.

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 12:08:04 »
Drive a little bit further and get your plants and bulbs in the Netherlands.
They are so cheap here. Bulbs cost hardly anything, buy them at hundreds the same time and plants like those christmas plants only Euro2.
Think I should start a bulb and plants sale (without EXTRA profit) in UK ;D 

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 16:32:59 »
Thats all well and good (I did know holland was a good place to buy plants and bulbs BTW) but its a bit like going on a 'Booze Cruise ' for cheap alcohol in France or driving miles to a cheap petrol station. The cost of traveling there tends to negate the savings in my opinion.

Makes a great gardeners holiday though!

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 18:31:46 »
ooo, looks like Gordon Riggs is pretty close to me (work in Huddersfield) so might have a little visit - Gardenantics, are the seed potatoes available now ?  Don't suppose you know if it has a website so I can check out opening times etc (and get a map !)

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 23:20:48 »
Hi Mc55,

No I have no idea if they have the stock in yet, not got my act together yet after Christmas! Gordon Riggs can be contacted on 01706 813374 and is in Walsden on the Rochdale side of Todmorden. From Huddersfield head for Halifax, and take the signs for Sowerby Bridge, then head for Hebden Bridge, through there to Todmorden, and turn left at the town hall on the Rochdale road, and it's on your left when you get to Walsden, and try Grandma Pollards Fish & Chips on your way back they are fantastic!

Brian

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 23:37:17 »
Excellent - thanks Gardenantics
Michelle

tibouchina

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2006, 13:55:13 »
Our Wyevale in Northampton is expensive, but I like to have a look around and get ideas, then I go off to our local nursery Youngs, which is great for prices and advice, we bought a Crab Apple there last year and as we couldn't get it into our car, they followed us home (4 miles) in a van! didn't even charge us delivery!  I think the difference is they have no coffee shop or fancy display areas, are just for the gardeners!  Long may they last. ;D

pakaba

• Half Acre
  • Smile, Life's too short to worry about weeds :-)
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 20:57:37 »
I love going to my local Wyvale, it's just up the road from my childrens school so i often pop in for a coffee and a look around after i've dropped them off.  There stuff can be expensive, but they always have loads of reduced stuff, often 75% off, I've picked up loads of bargains,  It' always worth popping in and looking at what you can pick up. I'd really miss it if it was sold off. :'(

Pakaba
reduce, re-use, recycle.

JO JO

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 18:26:32 »
Iv,e been to willkinsons this afternoon and I baught a flowering shrub one rose bush and one small standard rose for £1.99 each hows that for a bargan.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal