Author Topic: Christmas shopping  (Read 1841 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Christmas shopping
« on: December 17, 2005, 14:28:06 »
My darling Ava went Chrimble shopping this morning so he can fill my stocking with gifts come Christmas Eve.  Now, he was gone a mere 3 hours, in which time he also filled the car, did the tyre pressure and bought some bread for lunch!  Should I be worried?  I suppose it doesn't take long to acquire large diamonds and gold plated wellies  ;D
I rather fancy a leaf sucker thingymajig as I have been raking leaves constantly at home and work and think for a few weeks of the year, I could really put one to good use!  However, I sense my love is waiting until the sales, after everyone has collected all the leaves there are for collecting.....when they go on sale cheepcheep!  ;D

So, that is us all done!  Going to pick up a few little nice extras for Christmas eve tea, but that is that....we are all ready.  How are you getting on??

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Christmas shopping
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 14:43:31 »
 :( :(
85 year old Mum been poorly so have not done one single bit if Chrimbo shopping!!

Hate shopping anyway and should be there doin it now....so why am I sat here reading anything and everything??!!

;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 14:46:23 »
Chaos this end EJ! Oh going away for 3 days on Monday, he's taking students to Design comp in Leicester, timing has been wonderful.. ::) shopping still to do . At the min, me and 2 kids are filling 200 paper bags with sweets for the school disco, though have to confess to getting very Christmasy now, was hearing the Pogues and Kirsty Thingy that did it!! But I'll get there!!! Hope you get what you wish for!  ;D
And Katy, do hope your mum feels better soon, Best wishes..
Lottie

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 14:54:41 »
I should imagine it's going to be hectic in town this weekend, if he's not home by dark send out the search party EJ, he'll no doubt be stuck in a 3 mile queue somewhere. If you find out where to buy diamond studded wellies let me know, I find the gold plated ones a tad too heavy ;) ;D

Katy hope your Mum is soon feeling better :)

We've made a lot of presents this year so not too much shopping had to be done. I've pre-ordered some stuff with Tesco for delivery on Thursday and the rest I've either got or will pop into the farm shop for, so if all goes well I don't need to go anywhere near town until after christmas or even the new year. :D
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 15:09:55 »
 ;D ;D

Thanks for good wishes everyone! Mum on the mend....drugs are a wonderful thing!!

And yes.......am still sat here when I should be herding mince pies or counting bottles of scotch!!!

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 15:20:04 »
:)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:49:00 by GREENWIZARD »
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 17:39:27 »
Not done any shopping yet, I am trying to summon up the courage. Somehow I have to get a few stocking fillers for my wife, and the same for my Dad. That will exhaust me for another year.

Derekthefox :D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 18:00:38 »
Made a big mistake in blitzing our bedroom this Christmas.  So we have had 2 weeks of total chaos with everying out of the bedroom all over the house.  I now have my new bedroom with a anew bed but the stuff is still here n there and I have no energy left to put it away.  Managed to get some shopping done yesterday cos I was really getting quite panicky about nothing being done.  OH has now got the tree and decs. down from the attic (he left the mice behind).  Now this is cluttering up the hall until he decides to put them up.  I do the Christmas tree.  Also we are having the nieces and partners for Dinner tomorrow night.  Will I make it in time??  All this mess to clear up, plus tree and decs.   Helppppppppppppp!!!!  Hope my Mother behaves and doesnt need me this week. 

Yellow Petals

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 18:07:51 »
I decided to do all of my Christmas shopping online this year (cept food of course) and it was lovely!  Mug of tea in one hand, biscuit in the other.....
....thought I might be missing out on a bit of Christmas spirit so last week hubby and I ventured into town to do a little in the shops.  Big mistake!  Huge!  S*d Christmas spirit if it means having to do that again!  I'd forgotten just how awful over crowded stores with long queues and rude people can be!!!  I lasted three hours (one of those I was with my mum and dad having lunch hahahaha)

Emma, you've obviously forgotten that your diamonds were pre-ordered in September and all he had to do was run in and pick them up!  ;D

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 18:27:50 »
Did it all online. The compensation of avoiding the shops next week far outweighs any extra costs of delvery etc.

Cards sent. Presents wrapped. I'm off to the allotment next week feeling like a smug youknowwhat.
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 18:37:37 »
My contribution to the Christmas event (it happens, regardless of my outlook) is in the kitchen area. Two reasons, one is that the shopping side is one example of hell, and two, my wife does most of the cooking during the year, so at least I can contribute with competence ...

So far, I have started making some bacon, see the Recipes Board, and tonight I have just made a very large panful of beetroot and and onion relish ... you guessed, I had a decent crop of beetroot !!!

So, going back onto topic, it looks like I am going to have to get my finger out ...

Derekthefox :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal