Author Topic: It's Friday - yippee!!  (Read 4903 times)

Salpott

• Not So New ...
  • Looking for the kitten......
It's Friday - yippee!!
« on: December 16, 2005, 13:27:07 »
Is it just me or is anyone else deperate for this week to be over with?  I can't wait til I can leave work and forget about eveything work related til Monday morning.

Got plans of sitting in front of the fire, with some red wine and a few seed catalogues making my lists for next year.  OH is out tonight so I'm looking forward to a whole night to myself  :)

What has everyone else got planned?

wardy

• Hectare
Re: It's Friday - yippee!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 13:48:20 »
Sounds like a good night in Salpott!  I had my nights alone this week as oh was off elsewhere, although I did have paying guests in and dog so not lonely.  I wish  ;D  No I don't  :-\   I am staying in hopefully with bottle of red and have two books on the go which I might get finished. One is Allotment Tales which I've been wading through. A bit wordy but allotment based so am sticking with it. All my family except me and dog are off to my niece's new old house to help clean up giant mess after builder's etc.  I have to stay home with dog  :( I have a trip to Baaaaaaaaaaarnsley planned on Sunday to visit my young niece who has had a terrible last few months as had massive heart attack and surgery.  She wants me to make her some leek and potato soup so will have to venture off to lotty at some point.  We're going up there to take her Christmas presents  we were supposed to go last night but she was back in hospital bless her  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 13:58:04 »
Well for me tonight will be all alone!!  ;D ;D ;D Though have to have fixed grin applied for bout 10 mins while ex picks up elder 2, then rant for 10 mins having shut door , then play time!!! OH out to his Christmas do....
Hoping to get to plot on Saturday, am getting withdrawal symptoms, off to sis for mad Sunday lunch with whole clan. Not looking forward to Sunday night though, have to fill 200 sweet bags for school disco... :P :P :P Must learn to keep mouth shut in meetings and sit on hands!! ::)

Hope your niece soon feels better Wards.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 14:00:21 »
Sorry to hear about your neice Wardy but hope she is soon better and able to be home for Christmas.

I intend tidying and cleaning the house this weekend so I can then put up the decorations.  I have no excuse as to why the house gets into such a mess as I am retired.  I am just not organised and can always find something better to do than housework.  I spend far too long on the computer if the truth is known.  

Pauline

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 14:01:51 »
Oooo eck, thanks Pauline!! Forgot bout decorations!! Bang goes plot time......OK Saturday, decorating... ;D ;D ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 14:04:15 »
Do you really Pauline?  Shame on you.  No of us do - do we folks?  You're on your own there Pauline.  Lorna, Lots and I just love to clean.  Clean, clean, clean that's us.  In fact they'll both be doing just that now.  I've done my cleaning for today having got up at the crack of dawn, thrown windows wide and off I went. You just can't stop me once I start.  No cranny left undusted that's me.  I even lift the dog out of his bed so I can dust under him too. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to dust I go ..............  

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 14:26:13 »
Yes...am here vacuuming and polishing with great gusto....ironing with one hand, feather duster tied to nose, clothes tied to feet, and sellotape strapped to butt for cat hair removal procedure......mind Russ with that hoover Wards!!! ::)

Salpott

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 14:31:28 »
You're all mad!!

;)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 14:34:59 »
You don't look too normal from what I can see in your avatar.  Wot normal person lays face down under the sofa? Hmmmm .........  :)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 14:38:04 »
 ;D ;D ;D

Salpott

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 14:39:57 »
Ummm, yes, was looking for the kitten.  Honest!  

Of course, me and the dog staring at her from under the sofa is bound to make her come out.  Right?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 14:51:44 »
Oh that's the dog is it?  It looks like PJ Proby's wig!

Sorry, I'll get me coat  :-[

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 15:22:05 »
Oh Wardy I hope your niece makes a speedy recovery. Yummy leek and potato soup!

I'm full of cold so after finishing taxi duties today (LP is at the second of three parties at the moment) I'm going to pop her into bed then snuggle up on the sofa with a large Pimms while OH serves up the dinner I'm about to start preparing. When dinner is finished I'm going to watch a nice film while nursing a glass of red wine!

Then tomorrow we are heading up to Liverpool to collect MIL and OH wants to take LP on a Mersey Ferry. Then back home that night - take away for dinner - and then  a fun long weekend until Tuesday when we take MIL back home again.

Have a good weekend everyone.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 15:34:42 »
You can trust your OH to serve up dinner  :o  Lucky you.  Have a good weekend and enjoy your film  :)  Hope the Mersey is nice and flat  :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 15:49:53 »
My darling Ava is at his work do tonite, but he went on the bike and doesn't intend to drink, so he can ride home to be with his gorgeous girl...and me!  ahem!  :-\  Tomoz he is going Christmas shopping!!!  leaving me at home with the urchins, so I will be tidying.  Last big tidy before the red coated gentleman falls down our chimney to leave me all those diamonds I asked for....I have been reeeeeeeeally good this year, honest!  ::)  Sunday we have chums coming for a pre-christmas christmas dinner so will be a day of drinking, eating, laughing, drinking, eating some more, drinking and laughing.  I am doing roast chook with all the trimmings, then apparently, according to them, I am doing apple crumble and vanilla icecream for pud.

I will be glad when is is 3.30pm Tuesday afternoon....the kids will then have finished school for the hols and I will have finished work until the new year and can start to sit back and relax!

Have a good one everybody!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 15:51:43 »
As most of you have realised, this is not my favourite time of year. I find it easiest to apply myself to singular tasks, then it is easier to cope. So I have set off some pork to be cured for bacon today. I will also get myself going to make some paneer. There is all the menu to sort for THAT big meal ... and numerous activities at various times.

On the pop tonight, a colleague is leaving work, so it is a goodbye session ...

Derekthefox :D

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 15:53:13 »
You can trust your OH to serve up dinner  :o  Lucky you.  Have a good weekend and enjoy your film  :)  Hope the Mersey is nice and flat  :)

Not only can I trust him Wardy - he can COOK! We share the cooking duties and take it in turns each night!!!!! I'm sure the Mersey will be fine - it's when they play "the" song that my stomach starts to turn!!!!  ;)
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 15:53:26 »
Tonight I'm at my works do  ... I work for myself so I can have a do whenever I want !  Tommorrow, my son-in-law is having a do for his staff, and since I set up his compuer system and designed his stationary, I'm classed as staff    ;D

And Sunday I've got to work, go to re-re-re-re-repair rhis woman's computer. I'm at a loss to work out what she does to it !  *lightbulb goes on in head*  ... makes a note to cancel appointment on Sunday  ....
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 16:59:05 »
AD - maybe she has a dog who "goes" against it.  Over time it goes resinous and gums up the works.  How do I know?  I don't I'm just guessin  :-\
Glad I could be of service

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 17:15:16 »
Nope wardy, it's a problem called "board creep" and I've just realised that she's probably opening up the computer herself !    >:(
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal