Author Topic: Help! What's this called  (Read 6817 times)

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
Re: Help! What's this called
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 14:50:53 »
Yep it is a tad expensive though I did find a set in the US for £52  :o  Ebay looks promising  :)

:)

Have you got a multi-region DVD player Wardy? You won't be able to watch a region 1 DVD on a Region 2 player.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2005, 15:04:53 »
I haven't the faintest idea.   ???
I came, I saw, I composted

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005, 15:45:08 »
Our DVD player is one of the cheapest models from Asda and it plays Region 1 DVD's. Post  the name of it and any model name you can find and I'll see if I can help you out.
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005, 17:13:28 »
Thanks Noggin ....er Pete  ;D     There's a plate at the back of the thing and it says it on there apparently but can't lift the d**n thing.  It weighs a tonne.  Thsi is OH's present to himself - a great big huge telly which he's plonked in our bedroom  >:(  So, when he comes in I'll get him to have a look for me  ;D Thank you (It's a Sony DVD/CD/Video CD DVP - NS300) if that means anything to you.   :-\

TM   will check out that link as it's got me going now - I love all these chronically bad "B" movies.  I the "Thing" for my old man last year.  That's dead atmospheric and I really enjoyed it (this is the 1950's version)  :)

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2005, 03:17:08 »
Right, sorry for the delay - I had to go to work (most inconvenient). I spoke to somebody who is a wizz at these sort of things and got a sharp intake of breath through his teeth.
He's just emailed me to say that he didn't think Region 1 DVD's (from USA) would play on your machine "unless it is chipped" (don't go there).
I'd have another look on ebay UK if I was you. Good luck.
Pete
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

Lorna2

• Not So New ...
  • Singing to a friend on his 75th b'day
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2005, 10:48:47 »
Wardy. Just wondered did OH win the battle re television in bedroom? Perhaps it is only there  until he unwraps it at Christmas ;D I just cannot believe you lost the battle :o

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2005, 10:56:21 »
I have lost the argument but not the battle - yet!  The bloody great edifice is in our bedroom and I lost most of the paintwork from the stairs as he grappled, unaided by me, to get it upstairs  ;D  I wouldn't let him put it in the lounge as it's silver for gawd's sake!  So I had to compromise as he wouldn't go and watch it in the wash house for some reason  ;D  It's flaming huge - he being of the opinion that huge = better  :-X

He's planning ahead the sneaky devil as it's the world cup this year - possibly on at the same time as Wimbledon.  I watch Wimbledon and anyone who goes near the telly remote when it's on does so at their peril  ;D  So to save interruption to his footy viewing he's taken steps  ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2005, 20:59:13 »
Couldn't agree more about the silver, two of my kids have large silver televisions and I just don't like them ,but they do seem to be the "in" thing.. Await further instalments.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2005, 22:57:44 »
They look all right on the deck of the Star ship Enterprise  ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2005, 23:55:07 »
Agree with you entirely Wardy.  bludy great things.   I got one for my b..     xmas 2 yrs ago, it takes up most of this room.  I think he has something electrical up his sleeve for this xmas.  Talking about Sky now.  Oh heck.  I dont watch much telly.  This is all for him.  If only he would buy me flowers or perfume or chocolates.  LOL

;) ;) ;) ;)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2005, 10:11:27 »
I've been suspicious of him since the summer when an aeriel fixing van arrived to put up a new aeriel.  I thought he was bogus so phoned husband who agreed he'd sent him.  Hmmm, the plot thickens  :)  Anyway this bloke asked me where my digi box was.  Digi box? Yeah digi box says he  ;D  I don't possess such a thing young man!  Anyway the aeriel went up and I thought there must be something to come so was only half surprised when giant telly arrived!  Didn't realise it would be quite so silver.  OH asked me what I expected from a second hand telly? 

Served husband right in the end as the bodge artist aeriel man cut a slice out of the chimney flashing to get the cable in and so we had a leaking roof at the first drop of rain.  Husband had to hire ladder to go up and fix it  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2005, 10:34:29 »
Hey Wardy Just give OH a pat on the back for keeping members on this thread cracking up. ;D Have you peeped at the monster yet?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 10:57:47 »
Yep, have kicked said monster out of bed, he's had his first pee (on the carpet grrrrrrrrrr) Can't make it to the door sometimes poor love (this is dog I'm talking about - not husband  ;D)  He's had his brekky and gone back to bed  :)  So now I have to start carpet cleaning AGAIN!!!  >:(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 11:11:38 »
Wardy ACTUALLY I meant the new  Television ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 11:58:32 »
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa  ;D :-[

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 03:44:59 »
Ok

With regards to Regions on a DVD player. Most UK DVD players or region 2. That means you cannot play Region 1 DVDs. You know that already. Correct? Wrong.

Most DVD players in are multi regional. It just does not say it on the box. You have to hack the DVD player to get it to run in multi regional mode. I know it sounds like you have to rip the thing apart and put things in to get it to work.

You would be supprised. It takes a control box and 1 finger to do. It depends on your make or model. I will post some information on how to do this from a website hope it will help you all out more.

Info Websites
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/
http://www.dvdcodes.net/

The_Snail

PS. Could the film be Blade Runner made in 1983 ish I think.

Be kind to slugs and snails!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 10:00:33 »
Ta for that snail  :)  Will need to study this subject a bit in case I need to buy DVDs and vids from the US as some of the titles I want for my OH are only available from there.  There's a plate on the back of the telly which states the region only I can't move the d**n telly to have a look and I'm too fat to climb down the gap.  Shock horror! Woman killed by too much TV"  ;D

No, not Blade Runner Snail  We're talking dead old films here  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal