Author Topic: Shouldn't you be working?  (Read 11666 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: Shouldn't you be working?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 10:44:50 »
and his two vomit inducing cohorts.

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 10:49:58 »
I think Heldi you have just supplied me with a reason to be glad that I'm older, I don't know who barney is, thankfully, I do own an air rifle though.

MikeB

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 12:40:23 »
Mike ...believe me you do not want to know...but because I have a mean streak...

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 13:32:43 »
THANK YOU so much Heldi, you have just transported me back 10 years to 5 years of.............. hell........................I knew all the songs..........wish I didn't, they still rumble around my head at times.
Kids had Barney books, Barney clothes, Barney toys and worst of all about 5 Barney videos kindly given to them from people...................................I still have them somewhere if you want them Heldi! ;D ;D
I love you
You love me...............................
(DP rushes off to be ill!)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 14:06:29 »
Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination......etc.....etc......blah!  Yup, we had it to, but only for a short spell THANK GOODNESS as daughter number one hated the kids on it!

Work, I am a mum....nuff said!

However, now they are both at school full time, I am, like many others, a gardener.  I tend to log on at lunch time, bathtime and night time.  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 14:32:49 »
Line him up, and forget the mask....ggrrrrrr...blow the air rifle, use a twelve bore!! ;D ;D ;D Not a favourite, you may have gathered....and whilst on the subject, make room in line for Postman blessed Pat, Engy Bengy and those rotund things that masquerade as teletubbies but aren't.....Ooo and sorry, but Barbie's getting it too...... Ken'll get over it..
And TM, still confused.....but will seek the answer in the apple trees......... ;D ;)

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 14:35:25 »
those rotund things that masquerade as teletubbies but aren't

Death to the Fimbles...

I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

undercarriage plan

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 14:39:10 »
Bring it on!!! Am just in the right frame of mind to take em out....lovely morning at work, by the way.....if I have to suck up another  b****y  leaf, I'll be inserting the.....ahenm.....sorry.. ;D ......peace and love...but Pat's still getting it.....

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2005, 15:15:55 »
Right, I think I need my hard hat and keep my head down. This board sounds a lot more dangerous than any blessed building site !!!

Derekthefox :D

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2005, 15:59:10 »
Well am working in a Learning Resource Centre (library to the rest of us) in a school. So..............I have to keep up with the latest communication and information blah blah. What a better way to do so than this
Marigold

Lorna2

• Not So New ...
  • Singing to a friend on his 75th b'day
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 16:02:34 »
Like Garden Girl after working for nearly 50 years (30 of them for OH) then looking after OH until he passed in to the great beyond I have completely retired, even got a base ball cap with "I am retired and loving it" printed on it. How sad ;D I do have the habit this time of year of leaving computer on and keep logged in to A4A then when I hear a little DING I can see new posts..

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 16:06:28 »
I work for the local council. Sit starting at a screen most of the day, and every now and again check A4A and post.
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 16:22:06 »
At the fear of being accused of being a pen pushing bureaucrat like the Telegraph always calls us, I'm a civil servant.
However I'm also a founder member of the "I hate any puppet/costume clad people" society which covers a huge range of childrens characters - some already mentioned - some not (the Clangers - sorry RC - being one which springs instantly to mind). I'm more than happy to join any possie that'll take them all out. ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 16:53:01 by reedos »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 16:50:12 »
Yyyeeeer Ha!! Rolling, rolling, rolling........erm.........screeches to a halt......wwhoooaa  hossey.....one thing, am not good at lassoing though....will have to dismount, tie horse, pet horse, ask puppets to stand very still, while I sellotape them up......then will....Yyeeerr Ha......and look at them in a mean and surly  manner.....and no spitting....... :-X ;D ;)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 17:21:40 »
We never suffered Barney - my anti Americanism (Sorry John) really comes to the fore when it comes to Children's TV (and George Bush (there must be a witticism there somewhere))

Anyway - when I am at work I am surrounded by kids and cannot pop off to use the internet.  When I am working at home (as now) then A4A is permanently on in the background and I use it as a form of brain gym and pop in and out.  Occasionally after one or two many bottles of pop I might pop into chat to make a complete arse of myself.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 17:35:24 »
I am self-employed so it all depends how full my diary is and whether or not I'm shipping the sprogs to and from horse riding and dancing as to when I can get on A4A - but like most of you have to admit to leaving the computer and staying logged on to A4A.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 10:22:56 by Delilah »
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 17:37:21 »
I forgot to add - is Playdays still on TV ................ Why Bird used to drive me insane >:(
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 17:46:12 »
It is going it be interesting this Christmas, managing not to watch any television at all, does that make me sad or more interesting ? Do I care? I know I wont be able to get near this machine during the day on Thursday or Friday as we have training days. Will I get withdrawal symptoms ?

undercarriage plan

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 18:49:34 »
How is the hamster, Clanger... ??? ;D ;)
Delilah, I spotted a 30 sec window, come on gal, pull your finger out....  ;)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 18:54:02 »
Ahh Delilah, you have the stables and dance school runs too ... mind you, I must be fair to my daughter, at 16 she is still willing to accompany her Dad on the ice rink tomorrow teatime !!! A lot of girls of that age would die with shame to be seen out with their parents ...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal