Author Topic: Love on the lottie?  (Read 1762 times)

Lizzie

• Not So New ...
Love on the lottie?
« on: December 10, 2005, 10:04:15 »
I got my first allotment last weekend.

When I told the girls at work, after the initial excitement over the free veg they're boung to get, their reaction was that I'd find love on the lottie. (I'm the token single girl in the office amid a plethora of smug-marrieds.) One of my colleagues is also a writer and within moments had a storyline mapped out involving the blossoming of romance among the compost heaps as the shoots, ahem, swell and mature.

Is this sort of thing merely a flight of fancy on her part, or did any of you meet your other halves on the 'lotment?

When you think about it - the best place to meet people is when you're doing something you love, afterall...

Also, any tips on how to encourage a certain someone with whom it might be nice to have a certain something to give me a hand with the digging would be welcome ;o)

Lizzie

undercarriage plan

Re: Love on the lottie?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 10:37:26 »
Congratulations Lizzie, and enjoy it!! Though I have to say in my experience,
1 Once you've started lottying, that'll be your love... ::)

2 Which means you won't be looking for love so you'll find it!!! Think that's the only way to find love, not to look for it!! I don't find my OH on the plot now, let alone back then!!! Grabbed him off the street as he was wandering by, poor soul, his still in shock.... ;D ;)
We went out for a whole week when I was 14, then met up again erm..... am counting....16 years later, he'd moved into my road, that'll teach him!! Anyway, enjoy life, enjoy your lottie, and enjoy the toilet seat down... ::) ;)

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 12:42:47 »
Also, any tips on how to encourage a certain someone with whom it might be nice to have a certain something to give me a hand with the digging would be welcome ;o)

Yup, post your picture on the 'What do we look like thread'! Who knows what might happen....

Which means you won't be looking for love so you'll find it!!!

Zen-like wisdom UP. One hand clapping...
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 15:38:21 »
Wow, zen on the forums now, this is awesome stuff.

Yes, Lizzie, as suggested, just keep doing what you enjoy. Take it from me (and others) love will find you when it is ready ...

Congratulations with your plot too !

Derekthefox :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 17:21:01 »
TM, could you possibley send me a certificate saying that I did have a wise moment, date and time??? Will hang it above fireplace and gaze in awe after bouts of severe dufusness....

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 17:50:22 »
Anyone who falls in love with anyone who looks like we all do when at the allotment really is in love. ( unkempt, scruffy man smelling of chicken manure anyone?). What, no takers?

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 18:00:31 »
Bless one old un took a fancy to me but I managed to sauirm out of it. I am tall not glam but tall. He was small and definetly been in the lottie die hard oldies club. But you neva kno Mr Right might walk thro those gates yet. (Angels singing in distance)
Marigold

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 10:11:09 »
Lizzie  If and when you get a shed it becomes the focus of plot life really, and if you keep some of your plot for a social area, eg decking, chairs, table, room to mingle and have barbecue etc then you can use your plot for social occasions as I do.  Also because I always have my chairs and a table outside people tend to drop by with a few cans of something so that sort of thing could happen on your plot.  If you wanted help to say prepare an area for planting you could organise yourself a lotty party(but ask them to bring a spade  ;D)  and invite the person you fancy, along with others o'course) and if you supply a few tins and a barby you never know  ;D ;D  The lotty shop is where folks usually gather on a Saturday morning so pop along and make yourself a member and you never know you might find Mr Right there  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 10:13:59 »
You know, I am a bit slow, I'd never have thought of including a Barbie, Wards, though what about poor old Ken.... ;)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 12:40:13 »
I have a barbie too, but sociability is not my strong point, being something of a recluse ... but if anyone wants to pop by ...

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 12:56:48 »
I like the fact that peeps stop by Derek and they usually bring something, eg plants, seeds, lagers, fish n chips, so company is usually a happy occasion.  The last lot got brandy coffees so I think they'll be back  ;D

I think there is plenty of scope for lotty romance but then I'm an eternal optimist I'm happy to say.  If Lizzie has rather more lotty than she can cope with she could advertise for someone to share.  Lotties are scarce in some places and maybe she would be innundated with offers.  She could vet all the applicants and pick the one she thought most favourable  ;D  What fun!  We could help  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 17:03:40 »
Yes, perhaps we could make them sit an interview ... with score sheets ...  ;D

Lizzie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 18:48:25 »
Derek and Wardy, I'm liking your ideas. I see it as sort of like (wait for it....) seed dating?

Geddit? Seed dating?

Hmmm. Whoever and wherever Mr Right-for-me is, I hope he'll love me for my cheesy jokes!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal