Author Topic: Spring Kale Broccoli calabrese  (Read 1176 times)

chriszog

• Half Acre
Spring Kale Broccoli calabrese
« on: December 10, 2005, 15:52:57 »
I have quite a number of pot grown spring greens that I have been unable to plant out due to moving plots. Does anyone think its worth trying to plant them between now and Christmas?

terrace max

• Hectare
Re: Spring Kale Broccoli calabrese
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 16:48:24 »
What varieties are we talking, Chriszog?
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 16:37:33 »
Hi TM
the Kale is Winterbor and Redbor. Grew it last year but planted it out in about October I may just stick it all in and see what happens. The Cabbage is I think Duncan. I really must get more organised??
Regards
Chris

real food

• Acre
    • Growing Your Own fruit and Vegetables
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 19:54:07 »
Yes, plant it out! These are hardy varieties, and while they may take a little longer to mature, they will be edible in due course. Make sure that they are netted against the pterodactyls (birds) or they will be wrecked!! Maybe even cover them with a plastic cloche, if you have one spare, to bring them on faster.
See the quick guide to Growing, Storing, and the Healthy Cooking, of your own Fruit and Vegetables at www.growingyourown.info

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 03:59:20 »
chriszog what have you got to loose? If they produce something then great, if they dont then you have lost nothing. Just take them out in late spring and put something in there place. I would say go for it. Better than staying in trays or pots.

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal