Produce > Edible Plants

Cheap Timber at Homebase

(1/3) > >>

Jimbo:
Hi Gang,

I was wandering around the garden centre of my local Homebase today, when I noticed that they had reduced the prices of their tanilised decking timber, by 50%!  Not being one for decking, I quickly thought that it might come in handy for the two raised beds I have been promising myself. 

The main decking planks are 6' x 4 1/2" x 3/4", and with the Arris rail they also have on offer, (right-angled triangle in section), I can make a structure two planks high (9"), to make my beds up.

I reckon I can knock out a 4' x 4' x 9" bed for less than £20, plus the price of a few decking screws.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend . . .

Jimbo in Splott

RW:
Thanks for the tip - will go there tomorrow.

I am actually looking for posts to create a large cage to keep the black birds and pigeons away from things like cabages and fruit.

Regards

Jimbo:
Hi RW,

The Homebase near me has "Arris rail", triangular tanilised timber, about 2" x 2" x 3", for two quid per 6' length.  That might be useful for upright members (although jointing could be cumbersome).  Going to make me a leaf-cage / compost bin out of that and some chicken-wire.

Happy hunting!

Jimbo in Splott

karrot:
any pictures of how your going to do this would be great, i'm useless and have an equally useless OH. (but anything to do with computers ::))

Derekthefox:
Excellent Jimbo, our allotments tend to ask around the back of the B&Q stores, they often have damaged materials that can be taken away if you are discrete ...

The guys there get rewarded with a few veg every now and again ...

Derekthefox :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version