Author Topic: School Nativty  (Read 4812 times)

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
School Nativty
« on: December 06, 2005, 17:04:56 »
I'm afraid I'm one of those people that sheds a tear at almost anything and this afternoon was my little sprogs nativity.  As she is in year 5 and in 'Upper School'  (and all grown up!!!) her important role was singing and taking care of the Kings :)

There they were, the littlies, with tea-towels on their heads, red velvet curtains for the Kings robes getting their words spectacularly wrong, Mary cried because her dress kept slipping and Joseph but his arm around her to comfort her.  It is just a wonderful sight to behold, the Narrator couldn't say Bethlehem she kept saying Bethanyhem, the whole experience was just a wonderful seasonal moment.

Then it dawned on me that last year was the last time I would see either of my girls taking part in the Nativity - another milestone!!  This is also the first year when neither of them believes in Santa!!!

Oh dear I'm reminiscing now :)

Then came the staff's interpretation of Dick Whittington and magnificent it was too,  the male staff especially played wonderful Dames and the children truly enjoyed the spectacle :)

If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Re: School Nativty
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 17:12:48 »
I never get to see my kids doing anything.  It is the lot of a teacher to see everybody elses kids perform but not to get to see your own.

Glad you enjoyed yours.

PS do not give my school any ideas about doing a panto. ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 17:19:21 »
I think the teachers should put one on for the kids  ;D   Oh yes I do  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 17:28:31 »
I'm sorry you get to miss your own sprogs nativity Clanger, my OH has never been able to make to the Christmas Concert either.  All changes when they get to secondary school, their concert is tomorrow evening so atlast he will be able to show his face.

Shame about you not doing a Staff Panto, where was it you taught again Clanger?

I've just had a  flash of inspiration HOW ABOUT VIRTUAL A4A PANTO.

How about Babes in the Wood, Derek the Fox as the Sheriff of Nottingham, Clanger as the Dame, Wardy would have to Direct cos we would need a feisty type to keep you lot in order, now..............who for Robin Hood and Maid Marian....................I'll do Wardrobe ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 17:33:03 »
I may be a Bah Humbug, but why do neither of your children believe in Santa ? We kept ours going, surprisingly, up to about the age of 9, because we told them they get presents from 3 sources, parents, family and friends, and Santa. Santa's presents were always at the end of the bed, and somehow we always managed to get them out without waking anyone ... As the oldest started to twig, we told him it was unkind to shatter the belief for the younger siblings ...

The youngest is 16 now, so I can revert to my Bah Humbug ...

Derekthefox :D

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 17:38:40 »
They are 12 and 10  and youngest only found out this year!!!!!

Yep we did the 3 sources for pressies thingy too, Santa's were always in a stocking at the end of the bed and family and friends were downstairs - meant that we got a little longer in bed cos they opened Santa's pressies first then came through to show us what they had received ;D

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 18:14:39 »
I love school Nativity's, memories flooding back! Your will probably find this quite amazing - I have never believed in Santa! Dan :-)

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 18:45:55 »
It's odd you know, my 21 year old has never asked whether "he" exists or not.  ::)

I could never understand why my parents never gave us presents at christmas.  :D

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 18:52:05 »
I've got my daughter's first ever nativity next week. I've been asking around and think I've found a video camera I can borrow. And I can't wait! She's going to be the "Angel Goldriel" and has lines - she's so excited! She's been practicing loads of songs and all the wrong words have me roaring with laughter - but trying not to let her see.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 18:54:19 »
I am a big softie too.  Followed the procession in our St. Nicholas's Festival at the weekend and had to control myself listening to the children singing carols.  Then the Salvation Army Band played and that really cracked me up, tears just filled my eyes.  I was always very moved when my children were young and in plays or nativity's, it is such a lovely time,  - treasure it.  We still believe in Santa in our house and my children of 31 and 28 still set Santa's tray on Christmas Eve and hang up the pillow cases. So Christmas is alive and well in our house.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 19:39:53 »
And the PC Brigade want to banish all these little gems into oblivion

But we ain't going to let them are we?

I saw a short video clip of my, almost, five year old Granddaughter today ...she played Mary in the school nativity...no fear at all but the headscarf kept slipping over her eyes.. she's a little gem...takes after me of course  ;D

Derek

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 19:53:07 »
Have yet to see mine this year, It's next week, but so far I've been informed that Jesus was shot, and it's not Jesus the Messiah, It' Jesus the Slide.. ??? Maggie's a wife, but doesn't know whose. ::) Daniel's doing breakdancing and Jack is Dr What...   ??? will be going with hand to clamp round mouth to stop giggling attack! And can't wait!  ;D ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 19:58:31 »
Plocket. Beg, steal or borrow a video camera. I have so many videos of the Grandchildren. Have also got films of my kids but they are on the old cine camera and have to be put through a  projector. I think they can be changed to video but quite expensive and I have so many.

Derek. You didn't have to mention it!!! We would have known she takes after her Grandad :) :)

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 20:02:21 »
Come on Lorna...you are not going to really deprive me of the chance to brag are you.

I have three Granddaughters and a Grandson, two daughters and, of course, the Governor...as you can see I am well and truly outnumbered...constantly fighting a rearguard action here.

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 20:18:45 »
My daughter has a starring part as the Rainbow Fish in the school nativity :o (yes the one in the bath book with the pretty scales). So we have Mary, Joseph, the 3 Kings misc angels & shepherds, an octopus, Rainbow fish, skates, rays, angel-fish.................

I don't know what whoever wrote it was on..................although I did have some mushroom wine once, maybe it was that -mind you I was in no state to put pen to paper.

Jeremy

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 20:33:05 »
And the PC Brigade want to banish all these little gems into oblivion

But we ain't going to let them are we?

I saw a short video clip of my, almost, five year old Granddaughter today ...she played Mary in the school nativity...no fear at all but the headscarf kept slipping over her eyes.. she's a little gem...takes after me of course  ;D

Derek

Derek

What evidence do yo9u have for this.  I regard myself as being PC - some on here may dispute that.  I find a lot of the extreme stories about political correctness are generally just made up by the Daily Mail.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 21:10:49 »
Erm me?? Ish?? Go easy with me, rarely enter the fracca!! But I'd also heard on radio 4 ( there that shocked you!) that some schools were not doing Nativity plays, so they didn't upset the other religions. Though from what I can gather, they all love it too....OK, have eyes shut, and am ready for it!! Be gentle!! :-\

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 21:12:02 »
Nah - trust Radio 4 with me life so if they are saying it it must be true.  You won't catch John Humphries reading the mail you know.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 21:17:16 »
Phew!!! Am relaxing shoulders in relief!! Mmm, OK, think you may have created a monster, Clanger, will go round blasting opinions at all now.... ::) ;) John Humphtries, awww, if he were  younger....grrrrrr in an mmmm kinda way.. ;D ;D I have strange tastes....

boris

• Quarter Acre
  • Hhmmm, let me think
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 22:29:53 »
Everything on Radio4 is true - including The Archers.
Still thinking

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal