Author Topic: Quiet season Competition ?  (Read 8511 times)

AikenDrum

• Acre
Quiet season Competition ?
« on: November 29, 2005, 23:56:37 »
How about we have a friendly competition to see who can make the best use of a 6,4,2 and one pint plastic milk container that is relevant to our shared passion, or even just funny ? We could form a committee *shivers* to be the final arbiters/judges  ... good or bad idea ?     {:¬)#

N.B. PLease send your insults to me by P.M.    :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 23:58:40 by AikenDrum »
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Quiet season Competition ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 00:00:31 »
What's a  6 x 4 x 2?  If lump of wood, why didn't you say so!  Hmm. Taps foot in annoyance!  >:(
I came, I saw, I composted

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 00:05:03 »
Read above, Milk containers dopey !  *grinz*
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 00:08:00 »
Ok big ed, since when has  a milk container been called a 6 x 4 x 2?  Is that the standard EU description. I buy my milk in litres not 6 x 4 x 2's! 

How many peeps would know that's what you meant?  Er, none

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 00:40:48 »
Methinks Wardy is winding you up AikenDrum ... and you are biting ....  ;D

Derekthefox :D

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 00:42:57 »
*thwaps wardy*

Edit, did I or did not use the term *pints* ?  *thwaps wardy again, even harder this time*
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 00:48:51 by AikenDrum »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 09:16:21 »
Erm, scuse me...holding up hand...make what out of what?  ???Just saw numbers and had brain freeze...can you say it really slowly, Aiken, while pointing to each word on flip chart? Ta!  ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 10:08:31 »
You too Lottie?  I thought it was just me!  Oh well as long as Aiken knows what he's talking about who are we to question  :-\  Ok so we have a pint milk carton and a 6, 4, 2 and everyone, it seems, bar me and Lottie will know what that is eh Aiken.  Thwaps Aiken back but harder  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 10:12:44 »
Thwapping too, and slapping knees! ! Do you have to use the pint carton with the 6,4,2 erm or will 5,7,13 do, is any number allowed? Quite fancy 5,1,20 meself....

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 10:17:37 »
 ??? ??? ???  Must be my age ;) ;D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 10:54:13 »
"6,4,2 and one pint plastic milk container" which part of that do you find confusing ladies ? .... has divine flash of inspiration and puts wardy & Lottie on the judging committee so they can't take part !   ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 10:58:29 »
Gawd, how many more times!  What's a 6,4,2? 

I know we're not all on your wavelength, or even same planet possibly  :-\

It's not juse me and Lots, GG doesn't know what one is either

Do tell!

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 11:05:03 »
Practises talking to his yet to be born grandaughter Scarlett " Now dear, this big plastic bottle here is a 6 pint milk container, and this next biggest one is a 4 pint container  ...... "

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 11:08:08 »
must be a Bedford thing Aiken - I knew exactly what you meant!

Overall comp or one for each size category? 6 pint = heavy wieght 4 pint = middle weight etc..

Some one has already won I think anyway - there was a thread months back on inventive things with milk bottles!

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 11:09:50 »
Story of my life !  < .... goes to put head in oven ... darn !  it's electric ....    :-\

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 11:31:22 »
I will tell you all something, this thread has got me rolling on the floor in hysterics !!!

Derekthefox ;D

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 11:37:47 »
I think I'll just take part on my own, one entry, one prize, it's mine  .. no competition !    ;D    ;D    ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 11:38:31 »
Is AIKEN speaking englishj??????????????? Still waiting for a male member to ADMIT he didn't know what he was talking about ???

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 11:41:35 »
Could be that I'm Scots  .... I suppose   :P

undercarriage plan

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 11:47:01 »
And oh no you don't!! Am not going on blinkin committee! Am surrounded by various milk cartons, loads of sticky back plastic, foil, woggly eye thingies, cotton wool and me piece of 1x2x97x56 and am going to win!!!  ;D ;D ;D if can get me finger out of this glue pot... ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal