Author Topic: Thieves  (Read 3163 times)

reedos

• Half Acre
Thieves
« on: November 19, 2005, 15:41:55 »
Am downcast and down-hearted today. Went down to the lottie this afternoon to found the locks on my gates and sheds have been smashed, some hand tools, a strimmer and my onions & shallots (????) stolen. As well as that they've pulled up and thrown around a lavendar, rosemary and sage, tipped my water butt over used it as a step and got into next doors, where I presume they've nicked his onions as well cos I found an abandoned red onion on my site and I didn't grow any. So if any onion smelling scroats offer you a cheap strimmer or hammer let me know and I'll send the boys round.

Not happy >:(

TEL

• Hectare
Re: Thieves
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 16:01:58 »
Thats a bummer & a nasty thing to do hope you recover your things all the best >:(

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 16:18:03 »
Not good - sorry to hear that you have suffered at the hands of such nobrainers.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 17:29:29 »
So sorry to hear that...totally understand how you feel. Had the bas####s do the same to me last year. They even tried to set fire to my shed but it seemed as though they might have had their conscience pricked 'cos they put it out with some water that was nearby in a glass.  The net curtains were well singed!! They nicked my tea coffee and sugar but left all the tools there. Was really thankful that they had'nt smashed the greenhouse. We tend not to lock our sheds anymore on the field...saves them smashing the doors down. I've been told that they were more than likely after fuel and anything they could flog on ebay :(

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 18:24:53 »
Aww Reedos, you must be gutted, I'm so sorry.... :'(
Lottie

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 18:52:02 »
I know exactly how you feel; I had a campaign going on for two years, with stuff disappearing all the time.

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 18:53:42 »
The worst thieves are the ones from your own plot!!

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 19:32:38 »
Sorry to that ReedosĀ  :( :(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 22:08:57 »
Reedos. Like others I am so sorry what has happened. Trouble is these scum never seem to get their come uppance.     Lorna.

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 20:08:50 »
Thanks for the messages folks - went down today to sort things out (couldn't be bothered yesterday), new locks on the shed and a big f off chain on the gates. Discovered they'd nicked my loppers and secateurs, but had kindly left me a bag of somebody elses onions in my greenhouse, mine must have been better.
On a positive note they'd inspired me to make the windows bigger on my shed and replace the glass with that reinforced stuff with wires running through, I can actually see to work in there now - I even tidied it up. Found allsorts of stuff I never knew I had ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 13:45:51 »
Just read this post Reedos.  I am so sorry to hear about your thieves. It is so sickening and I am sorry you had to go through it.  It happens all to often and it really drags you down for a while.  Your last post sounded quite upbeat which I was pleased to hear.  You have to rise above horrible people like that.    :( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 16:01:28 »
What a total bummer - total lack of respect - pleased you are feeling a little more positive :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 17:18:44 »
Glad to see that you are being positive about the break-in. 

We have recently been visited twice in one week.  Electircal tools are going that arwee easily disposable for Christmas cash.  Soooooooooooo pi***d off.  >:(

Left the lock off to reduce damage, and took all the equipment back home in the car.  Such a pain. 

Does make you wonder what the so called lottie 'officials' do for the responsibility? !  :-\

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 23:01:46 »
No Point in letting the bug gers get you down. They win then ;D ;D

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 23:10:13 »
well said reedo,

fantastic picture by the way, i do love that angel!
Tara xx

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 01:18:04 »
It is a down hartening thing to happen to you. I am very sorry to hear about the vandalism. It seems to be an increasing problem with allotments in this country. It has happened to me so I know how you must feel. I lost my greenhouse which I was going to use next year for my tomatoes and cucumbers. O well that is out for a while. Again I am sorry to hear about what has happend to your plot. I just hope one day that some person will do the same to there garden then they will know what it feels like.

It is unfortunatly a common problem and you are not the only person affected.

My advice is to grow more stuff next year and show them that they have not won.

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal