Author Topic: Snow on the way  (Read 11499 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: Snow on the way
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2005, 14:34:37 »
ooooh where you at Delilah? I'm on the coast of Northumberland. I can see big grey clouds looming over the North Sea, heading South at great speed.(Can't actually see the sea unless I go upstairs and stand on my bed). By heck it is a blustery day. Happy Windsday!  

Gotta go and pick up sprog from school and then go check on me hens.  Hope I don't blow awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy............................................

undercarriage plan

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2005, 14:58:59 »
Oh joy.....is hailing like oneo here too!! And have to get kids as well, Heldi!! OMG!! Will wear crash helmet...
Lottie

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2005, 15:14:00 »
In Lincolnshire Heldi kinda half way between you and Lottie and by eck its certainly blowing hard here now , uckily I've got to take the car to school  tonight though cos its cello lesson today and it gets a bit heavy carrying cello home from school, then its horse riding so hope the worst of it keeps away til tonight when we are all snug as a bug in a rug :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2005, 16:00:56 »
Heard on the radio this morning there is a 65% chance of a really bad Winter, BUT, that leaves a 55% chance that there won't be. Being the optimist, I'm with the 55%.  ;D  ;D

At the moment I'm wrapped in 2 layers, plus a scarf around by neck, and have had no heating on all day.  I'm trying to acclimatize and save heating, just in case.  ;)

Lily
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

Lily

• Acre
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2005, 16:02:44 »
Forgot to mention, had a flurry of rain this morning, then bright sunshine and a little wind for the rest of the day.

No snow in Leeds yet.  ;D  ;D

Lily

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2005, 18:37:44 »
Am confuddled 65% and 55%???

Lily

• Acre
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2005, 18:45:13 »
The radio programme said 65% for a bad winter and 55% against.  ???

Now I'm confused.  ;D  ;D  I was only half listening to the radio, been on this site for too long, that's the problem.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Lily

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2005, 18:47:47 »
It's here. We got heavy snow fall as I type this. We have a compleat white out blizzard conditions WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO ;D

Lily

• Acre
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2005, 18:49:55 »
I still don't think we ( were I live) are going to have a bad winter.  Says she with the wind howling down the chimney and wondering if the shed will be intact in the morning.

Lily

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2005, 18:50:43 »
 :o :o :o :o
joji, where are you?

i am SOOOOOO jealous!

Tara xx

Lily

• Acre
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2005, 19:05:54 »
Just heard the weather forcast, snow in the North and West (that's you Joji) and clear and frosty elsewhere, that's meeeeeeeee.  ;D  ;D

Don't want snow, no thanks.

Lily

undercarriage plan

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2005, 20:25:45 »
OK I'm just worried.....cos couldn't see why you found 65% and 55% confusing, made perfect sense to me......3 hrs later, am now confused and worried....and no snow in Suffolk, but blinkin cold!!!
Lottie  ;D

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2005, 20:35:18 »
It's snowing a 100% here :(

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2005, 22:28:07 »
don't forget the camera joji we want to piccys of you and your dogs!!

Shouldn't it be 55% and 45% or 65% and 35% - never was any good at maths ???

U/C don't even try to understand me its a fatal mistake OH gave up many years ago - hope you and Heldi got back in from the school run Ok :)

Heldi - I'm dead jealous you live on the coast, anywhere coastal and windy I just feel really at home and one of my most favourite places in Britain is Holy Island :)

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2005, 09:52:51 »
Sorry guys can't go out at the moment the van is stuck in the drive as there is snow drifts out the back 4 foot deep. :o :o

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2005, 10:27:43 »
Very bracing here, there are razors in the wind ...

Derekthefox :D

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2005, 10:36:04 »
Very cold here in Tamworth but I am going to wrap up warm and go up the lottie for a couple of hours, if I am not back on line later today send the search party's out. (Think I might sneak a tot of brandy out with me for medicinal purposes only lol)
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2005, 12:58:14 »
I have four cans of lager for the same reason, I think they will be well chilled now ...

Derekthefox :D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2005, 13:33:51 »
Bet you wished you hadn't left your deerstalker on the Enterprise eh Jean Luc ?!

I did get home from school...at blinking 5 o'clock!  Another chicken saga. Walked to school with daughter in pram. She was snuggled up in blankets and with raincover over and went to sleep. I forgot my gloves. My hands hurt so much I could've cried. Whilst waiting for son to come out from school ...why is he always last...I noticed my daughters "magic" gloves in the pocket of the pram. They fit! So off to the lotty we went to put the hens to bed,after their porridge  :D . I was in the shed sorting out their bedding when my son came running over and told me there was a dead bird in the allotment.  I assumed it would be a seagull as they are sometimes blown down with the big gusts of wind. Anyway off I went to look and double take. There was a hen huddled up in a corner of an old compost heap. Thought it was one of mine at first,puzzled and had to check the pen twice,yep all mine were in the pen eating porridge. Didn't know what to do. Phoned OH who just happened to be on his way home with a rabbit hutch his mate had given him. As you do! So son and I waited for OH to arrive. Daughter snoozing thankfully. Was blinking freezing.  We put sad knackered hen into the hutch with some bedding,food and water. What else could we do? Couldn't put her with ours incase of disease.  Went to check this morning. She is sitting with her head up.eyes open but not at all happy. Don't think she'll last to be honest. We wondered if she came across from the allotment next door. He seems to have virtually abandoned his flock of old hens.  This hen felt very thin.  :(  So I don't know how it got there,where it came from or what to do for the best.

It is freezing here today. Wind is still fierce. Had a short sprinkling of polystyrene bobbles last night which remained until mid morning. Gone now. I bet if I ventured inland a couple of miles there'll be snow. I'm moving!

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2005, 13:43:17 »
I wonder what you did with your time before you had the chickens Heldi!

I hope you can revive this little hen - Heldi to the rescue!!!!

Keep us informed.

We are opposite to you , snow on the coast but not inland, how strange ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal